Exterior Painter & Decorator that has previous experience in domestic decorating works, preferably within a social housing context is required by Worthing Homes.
SALARY: up to £24,360 pro rata (depending on experience) + Benefits (21 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Christmas Shutdown, Private Medical Insurance (after qualifying period), Childcare Vouchers, 4% Employer Pension Contribution)
JOB TYPE: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
WORKING HOURS: 40 Hours per Week Average (44 Hours Summer / 35 Hours Winter)
LOCATION: Worthing, West Sussex
Limited travel. Approximately 85% of properties are within a 5 mile radius of the Worthing office. The remaining 15% are within a 15 mile radius.
IS THIS YOU?
- Are you a highly motivated Exterior Painter & Decorator with a can-do attitude?
- Are you highly organised with the ability to prioritise your workload using your own initiative?
- Are you looking for a new and varied role?
If you can answer ‘YES’ to these questions then we would like to hear from you!
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Exterior Painter & Decorator that has previous experience in domestic decorating works, preferably within a social housing context.
Working as the Exterior Painter & Decorator you will join our Property Services Team where you will be key in supporting the delivery of our cyclical redecorations programme to our customers’ home and communal areas.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Exterior Painter & Decorator:
- Undertake the application of paints using brush and roller to all internal and external surfaces, according to industry standards and to a high quality of finish which will include working at height
- Carry out labouring duties including washing down of uPVC windows, moving or removal of furniture or cleaning as required to assist in the completion of external decoration and internal communal areas
WHO ARE WE?
Helping people create sustainable futures
We believe that good quality affordable housing is the foundation required for so many other things that we all depend on but may take for granted – security, education, health, work and support networks.
It’s much more than bricks and mortar – it’s about people, communities and opportunities.
Worthing Homes has over 3,500 properties in the Sussex coastal area. We provide affordable rented homes, key worker accommodation, low cost shared ownership, sheltered housing and new homes for local people.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we strive to effectively manage, maintain and improve their homes.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in domestic decorating works, preferably within a social housing context, with an appropriate trade qualification (desirable but not essential)
- Experience in using and working on ladders, scaffolding, MEWP’s and Towers
- A great attitude with an eye for detail and the ability to meet targets without loss of quality
- Excellent verbal communication skills when dealing with customers face-to-face
- A sound working knowledge of Health and Safety regulations such as working at height
- Experience of working within a building maintenance team environment (desirable but not essential)
We are an inclusive organisation and value each individual’s unique contribution, irrespective of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4151
This vacancy is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Worthing Homes
Jobs, Careers and Vacancies at Worthing Homes. Find work in Worthing, West Sussex. Recruitment Advertising and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.