Painter and Decorator / Handyperson with experience in similar role to carry out decorations, repairs, improvement works and minor repairs to School properties is required for an established school estates team based in Sherborne, Dorset, South West England.
SALARY: up to £24,900 (dependent upon experience) plus 5 Weeks Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
LOCATION: Sherborne, Dorset, South West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week – 08:00 – 16:30 - Monday to Friday
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Painter and Decorator / Handyperson with experience in similar role to carry out decorations, repairs, improvement works and minor repairs to School properties.
Working as a Painter and Decorator / Handyperson the emphasis of the role is on internal and external painting, decorating, and the application of varnishes and other finishes, whilst also carrying out a range of building maintenance duties including tiling and glazing.
As a Painter and Decorator / Handyperson you will join the Estates Team covering school properties and be flexible to move between properties as the workload demands.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your role as a Painter and Decorator / Handyperson will include:
- To carry out a range of building maintenance duties with the emphasis on painting, decorating and the application of varnishes and other finishes
- To use radio communication equipment provided to seek immediate advice and assistance on issues not identified on the original order
- To complete all documentation associated with the duties of a painter, decorator and handyperson providing any necessary information to the Head of Estates and Facilities Management
- To drive Estates Department vehicles as required and in accordance with procedures (full clean driving licence is required)
- To inform the customer (with reasons) when it is not possible to attempt to complete work within the first visit and make mutually agreed arrangements to return to complete
- Ability to conduct a methodical inspection and provide a report, carry out a risk assessment and write a method statement
- Have a pragmatic approach and the ability to adapt to carry out any other maintenance tasks within your competence that may be required
- The ability to work effectively with other tradespersons and customers
- To be available for Emergency Call-Out (subject to standby rota and conditions determined by the scheme) at any time, including emergency work outside normal working hours
- Demonstrable experience to a professional level
- National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 3 in Painting and decorating or an equivalent qualification- Substantiated experience in similar role can be considered as alternative to formal qualification
- Must be able to display competency in the use and operation of all associated power tools and machinery
- Good communication skills and the ability to liaise on all levels
- Experience at effective time management
- Able to work at heights with a good sense of balance
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Have good colour vision for mixing and matching paints.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6956
Full- Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Sherborne, Dorset, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk