Community Sexual Health Outreach Support Worker: We have a number of job roles within a well-loved and established charity. The charity is looking for candidates who are good listeners, empathic, and personable, with experience working with marginalised groups or individuals. The job role requires a positive attitude towards HIV and other sexual health issues, as you will be working with a diverse clientele. The ideal candidate will have the experience or the skills needed to hold workshops, facilitate support groups, and engage in activities that promote social inclusion and sexual health awareness.
SALARY: £19,500 - £23,500 per annum (depending on experience)
LOCATION: Candidates will cover the Devon region, in particular Plymouth and Exeter.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time and Part-Time, Permanent Positions Available
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates should have a Driving Licence and access to a vehicle as this post requires regular travel, locally and regionally and you will need to be able to get to places that are not well served by public transport
Working as the Community Sexual Health Outreach Support Worker you will deliver key elements of the area work plan which includes a support service for people living with HIV.
As the Community Sexual Health Outreach Support Worker, you will also provide an STI prevention service targeted at people most at risk of poor sexual health.
You will also provide a day-to-day proactive service to individuals and groups which support their capacity to manage their sexual health and/or HIV and help them access a range of appropriate services provided by other organisations.
ABOUT THE CHARITY
The charity aims to create the circumstances that support a person’s ability to engage in discussions about sex. They want to live in a world where it is easy for anyone to communicate about sexual health and HIV and to be able to openly discuss their needs and describe their concerns, making it commonplace for anyone to take ownership of their own sexual wellbeing.
The charity wants people to be able to engage with the reality of their sexual lives, whatever that looks like; and be able to recognise the behaviours that either support or have a detrimental impact on their sexual health. They want to empower people, working with them to take control of their sexual health and equip them with the knowledge they need to make improvements and maintain good sexual health.
The charity recognise that this is not currently the norm, many barriers exist, and sexual health is not equally distributed in society. They are 100% committed to improving the experience of people who experience poor sexual health.
As a charity they also realise that for many people living with HIV the burden of stigma and discrimination remains an issue. People are reluctant to engage with HIV testing because they fear the consequences of a positive result and as a society, health inequalities for people living with HIV needs addressing.
The charity is committed to working for and with people who are affected by HIV to ensure that their needs and voices are not lost or marginalised within communities, wider systems of health and social care.
Your main duties as a Community Sexual Health Outreach Support Worker include:
- Actively promote social inclusion, continually looking to involve service users and staff in partnership working - encouraging service users to seek opportunities to improve their circumstances and supporting them in achieving goals
- HIV Prevention: actively engage people identified as being at greater risk of acquiring HIV or other sexually acquired STIs in prevention activities; this will include behaviour change interventions with individuals and groups, active engagement with social media, outreach and netreach, and community testing
- HIV Support: to create an effective support offer to PLWHIV that enables them to successfully manage their condition and improve their overall health and wellbeing, undertake initial needs assessments, support planning and support plan reviews with the aim of addressing the main needs of the service user within 12 weeks from the commencement of a support plan
- Sexual Health promotion: to take part in the design and delivery of evidence-based public health campaigns aimed at improving sexual health, including access to PEP/Prep, condom use, U=U, and appropriate testing options
- Support the development of and deliver against the contract work-plan and contracted KPIs
- Develop and maintain effective, mutually beneficial relationships with partner agencies, actively engage with networking opportunities and facilitating increased awareness of the work of the charity
As the Community Sexual Health Outreach Support Worker you will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Experience of working with members of marginalised groups and/or individuals with multiple and complex needs
- Positive attitude towards HIV and sexual health issues
- Experience of reaching, working face to face and digitally with target groups who experience health inequalities and who are most at risk of poor sexual health in local communities
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments and to determine priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional attitude
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships and build partnerships with a wide range of people and organisations
- Excellent administrative, organisational and time-management skills
- Excellent knowledge of software packages, in particular Microsoft Office
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7787
Full-Time and Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Devon. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk