Operations and General Manager / Depot Site Manager with excellent team leadership, management, organisational, budgetary and operational experience is required for a well-established Company based in Rainham, Essex.
SALARY: Negotiable + Excellent Benefits
LOCATION: Rainham, Essex
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Depot Operations and Site General Manager with excellent team leadership, management, organisational, budgetary and operational experience.
Working as the Depot Operations and Site General Manager you run a site that consists of around 67 Drivers and additional Warehouse Operatives that has an annual budget of around £4 million pounds.
As the Depot Operations and Site General Manager you will be responsible for the planning, administration, monitoring and optimising the operational performance for all Site and District and nominated service centre aspects, ensuring the site meets its annual objectives and defined operational and customer service KPIs.
Previous operational management experience working within a depot, warehouse, distribution, transport and logistics, plant or similar environment would be highly desirable.
As a successful candidate you will have an excellent opportunity to join this well-established Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Depot Operations and Site General Manager:
LEADERSHIP & DEVELOPMENT
- Direct management and development of a team of Drivers, Warehouse Operatives, Supervisors and Team Leads
- Manages training and induction for all direct reports using company tools
- Provides support and cover at alternate district locations when required
- Overall responsibility for operations at a site with an operational budget of circa £4 million including best in class customer service levels and staffing
- Management of the recruitment process and interviewing prospective employees
- Management of performance reviews 1-2-1s and staff disciplinary process
- Ensuring operational safety standards and individual training records are maintained
- Ownership of the Safety and Security culture for all team members
- Management of the business transformation project for the site
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Proven management skills, preferably gained whilst working within a depot, warehouse, distribution, transport and logistics, plant or similar environment
- Experience of managing KPIs and strong understanding of Profit and Loss
- The ability to identify operational efficiencies
- Positive can-do attitude and self-motivated with an excellent work ethic
- Management CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence)
- IOSH / NEBOSH Qualification Desirable
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4798
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Rainham, Essex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk