Office and HR Administrator with excellent administrative, organisational, time-management and communication skills is required by a leading vocational College based in London.
SALARY: up to £26,000 pro rata (£20,800 per annum based on a 30 Hour Week)
WORKING HOURS: 30 Hours per Week with flexibility required (10am – 5pm)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Office and HR Administrator that has excellent administrative, organisational, time-management and communication skills.
Working as the Office and HR Administrator you will need to be highly organised and meticulous in your work and provide support across the Executive Board in the form of minute taking and following up on actions, diary management and preparation for meetings internally or externally, and coordinating and working with other areas of the College. From time to time you may also be required to work on individual projects involving research and reporting data.
As the Office and HR Administrator you will also be required to fulfil the administrative function of Human Resources which will include record keeping, maintaining schedules, dealing with recruitment and preparing starter and leaver information and arranging/coordinating staff training.
This position will expose you to information which is confidential in nature and as such you will be required to maintain professional discretion at all times when dealing with external contacts and other staff members within the College. As a member of the college team, from time to time you will be required to maintain systems and assist with any audit requirements or preparation for inspections, externally.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as Office and HR Administrator include:
Office Admin Main Duties
- Minute taking, follow up of actions between meetings and filing of minutes for the Executive Board
- Preparation for meetings internally or externally. This may include organising refreshments, equipment, travel, preparation of documents, etc.
- Diary management for Executive Board on Microsoft Office Outlook
- Archiving – Maintaining records and coordinating all college documentation and retrieval of information as and when required from archive
- Ensure that all tracking and recording procedures are maintained
- Coordinating staff and work events as and when required, internally and externally
- Manage petty cash float and maintain receipts for Executive Board and reconciliation as required by the Finance Department
- Production of general correspondence as and when required for Executive Board
- Act as the first point of contact for all staff, external contacts and visitors on behalf of the Executive Board
- Develop and maintain appropriate office procedures and other document control systems to facilitate the smooth-running of the business
- Maintenance of office and stationary supplies.
Human Resources Administration Duties
- Organise adverts / job listing for recruitment and arrange interviews with relevant managers
- Follow up on interviews with agencies or directly with applicants
- Maintain records for all staff annual leave, sickness or other absence
- Create annual leave records for all staff each year
- Keep monthly records of all HR related changes to submit to payroll each month
- Produce and provide starter and induction pack for new joiners. This will include all contract documentation and related polices, DBS checks and obtaining references
- Ensure each staff member has a DBS renewal every three years
- Liaise with all relevant departments for new starters and leavers
- Maintain checklist of all employees to ensure individual staff file is up to date
- Maintain annual staff training records for all compulsory training and coordinate training when required. This will include; Safeguarding, British Values and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion training
- Be first point of contact for staff for all HR relates areas to; manage, signpost or refer
- Attend HR related meetings with senior managers/ Executive Board to take minutes
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Offices (including Excel and Access), and similar databases
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work with a high level of accuracy
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Self-motivated and committed to own personal development
- Excellent communication, written and numerical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at any one time
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills, ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- A Level qualification or equivalent
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P3877
Administration, Executive Support Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Recruitment in London
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk