Network Support Engineer who is Cisco certified (CCNP or CCSP) with excellent troubleshooting skills is required to join our Data Centre Team at Iron Mountain in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
SALARY: Very Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
LOCATION: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Network Support Engineer who is Cisco certified (CCNP or CCSP) with excellent troubleshooting skills.
Working as a Cisco Network Support Engineer you will be responsible for any combination of the functional areas of expertise with the IT Network family, supporting business requirements and strategy, inclusive of:
- Maintenance and support of LAN/WAN architecture and network hardware, software, and applications
- Work with Principal Network Engineers to develop, design, implement and maintain network infrastructure and security to support all identified business needs
- Makes recommendations regarding operational improvements
- Ensures up-to-date system and network documentation and inventories
- Work in concert with software and hardware vendors for problem resolution
- Provide advance notification of all planned system and network outages and set realistic expectations on availability
- Coordinate and communicate closely with Senior management and Service Delivery teams during all unplanned outages
- Contribute to the product services roadmap, and ensure vendors are adhering to the highest operational standards by supervising performance management procedures
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by maintaining current knowledge of products, services, and market dynamics
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain is a global leader for storage and information services.
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary, while helping them bridge the physical and digital world. Our people have the opportunity to bring their creativity to a workplace that thrives on change. Here, you will be part of a team that doesn’t just embrace what’s exceptional. It creates exceptional.
Iron Mountain Data Centres, a division of Iron Mountain incorporated, is a leading provider of wholesale data centre and colocation services. The company’s national portfolio of underground and purpose-built data centres addresses the exacting requirements of highly regulated organisations such as Federal Government agencies, Fortune 1000 enterprises, healthcare and life sciences organisations, financial services companies and cloud services providers. Iron Mountain data centre services include dedicated data centres, private data centre suites, secure cages, individual cabinets, helping hands remote support, and carrier-neutral network services. For more than 30 years, discerning colocation customers continue to choose Iron Mountain data centre services for the company’s proven track record, successful relationships, maximum efficiency, predictable results and established reputation as the safe choice.
As the Cisco Network Support Engineer you will possess the following attributes:
- Relevant network engineering background
- Demonstrable Cisco network experience
- Cisco Certified - CCNP or CCSP required, excellent knowledge of Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
- Experience of CheckPoint Firewall Management - R80x and Cisco ASA Firewall experience
- Excellent knowledge of appropriate network technologies and network applications such as TCP/IP, LAN/WAN setup, routing protocols e.g. BGP, wireless designs, and routing
- Maintaining and improving network operations and provide support to network users
- Performing custom configuration for complex network devices such as Cisco and Checkpoint firewalls
- Demonstrable experience of site to site VPN and Point-to-Point experience with advanced routing and network rules configuration
- Performing network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose complex network problems
- Utilising monitoring tools to capture and analyse traffic, maintaining uptime, generating usage reports, and spotting trends
- Creating and maintaining documentation and diagrams to a high standard as needed when assets are added or removed - Visio
- Working Knowledge of server and storage communications requirements
- Good knowledge of IT Service Management
- Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- The ability to work in a matrix environment
- Familiarity and/or experience working with 3rd party partners/vendors
In addition to the above criteria you must able to attain UK Government Security Clearance within the 3 month probation period.
In return Iron Mountain offers a competitive remuneration, excellent training and career prospects associated with a global super brand.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Iron Mountain
JOB REF: AWDO-P5682
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.