Neighbourhood Housing Officer with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to work remotely in the community is required by Worthing Homes.
SALARY: £29,900 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits
BENEFITS: 26 days holiday increasing to 29 days after 3 years’ service, 4% Employer pension contribution, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance (after qualifying period), Employee Assistance Programme, Staff Discounts with Local and Online Retailers
LOCATION: Worthing, West Sussex
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will need to hold a full Driving License and have the use of own car
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Neighbourhood Housing Officer with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to work remotely in the community covering Felpham, Bognor, Barnham and Chichester areas.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to their lives and the communities in which they live and work.
We are looking for a Neighbourhood Housing Officer to join our team and to help us shape and deliver a high-quality customer experience with all housing needs resolved effectively, efficiently and professionally.
As the Neighbourhood Housing Officer, you will have accountability for the day-to-day housing management of our properties in Felpham, Bognor, Barnham and Chichester areas. You will be based from our offices in Worthing, but will spend the majority of your time working remotely in the community to identity problems and interact with customers and agencies to resolve issues. This can include enforcement action, sign-posting, problem-solving and engaging with residents to improve the community.
WHO ARE WE?
Helping people create sustainable futures
We believe that good quality affordable housing is the foundation required for so many other things that we all depend on but may take for granted – security, education, health, work and support networks.
It’s much more than bricks and mortar – it’s about people, communities and opportunities.
Worthing Homes has over 3,500 properties in the Sussex coastal area. We provide affordable rented homes, key worker accommodation, low cost shared ownership, sheltered housing and new homes for local people.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we strive to effectively manage, maintain and improve their homes.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will have:
- Have experience in ASB, tenancy enforcement and preparing and presenting in court
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of different tenancy types, their management and enforcement of tenancy conditions
- Have excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have the ability to carry out multi-agency work and build on these relationships
- Have the ability to prioritise and to meet deadlines and targets
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office and be able to demonstrate ability and experience of producing letters and reports to customers and external agencies
- Have an understanding of housing legislation and practice and the ability to demonstrate your knowledge
- Be able to identify improvement opportunities to enhance the customer experience
- Have the ability to problem solve and manage cases to resolution
- Be self-motivated, resilient, focused and able to manage own workload
- Hold a full UK Driving license and have the use of own car
We are an inclusive organisation and value each individual’s unique contribution, irrespective of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
You can download the full job description HERE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4711
This vacancy is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Worthing Homes
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find work in Worthing, West Sussex. Recruitment advertising and CV sourcing services provided by AWD online.