Motor Mechanic / Vehicle Technician / MOT Tester with excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills that is fully qualified is required for one of the country’s fastest growing, High-End Used Motor Vehicle Dealerships in Exeter, Devon.
SALARY: £18,500 - £31,200 per annum (depending on experience) – Overtime Paid at Time and a Half
BENEFITS: 20 days paid holiday (increases with level of service) plus 8 days statutory Bank Holidays, Preferential Finance Rates when purchasing a car from the company, Friends and Family Car Repairs, Servicing and MOT’s, Annual Christmas Party, Awards Evening, Employee Assistance Programme, Discounted RAC Breakdown Cover, Company Pension Scheme, Employee Referral Bonus and Life Insurance.
LOCATION: Exeter, Devon, South West England
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday, 08:30hours to 17:00hours and every other Saturday 08:30hours to 12:30hours
** Join One of the Country’s Fastest Growing Motor Vehicle Dealerships **
** Excellent Career Development Opportunities **
PLEASE NOTE: Full UK Driving Licence Required
Applicants must be fully qualified with sound automotive / garage workshop experience
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Motor Mechanic / Vehicle Technician / MOT Tester that is fully qualified with excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
As the Motor Mechanic / Vehicle Technician / MOT Tester you will be involved with all levels of technical works; from servicing to major engine and diagnostic work, on quality used cars ranging from family to high-end prestige vehicles.
Working as the Motor Mechanic / Vehicle Technician / MOT Tester you will be responsible for diagnosing, repairing, servicing and maintaining vehicles to a good quality standard as specified by the manufacturers or warranty requirements.
As the Mechanic / Vehicle Technician / MOT Tester you must be capable of completing work to a high standard, whilst adhering to procedures and processes at all times. You will also be a team player with excellent attention to detail. The right individual must also be confident and professional in their approach as well as someone who is efficient and motivated to always achieve a first time fix.
If you want to move forward with your career and join a rapidly expanding company, one that can offer you world class training, industry leading remuneration packages, and genuine opportunities for career progression, then keep reading…
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advising on best methods of repair and determining repair times in consultation with the Service Manager
- Determining priorities and allocating tasks in liaison with the Aftersales Manager and Aftersales Team
- Efficiently diagnose standard and complex faults and ensure underlying problems are resolved
- Informing the Aftersales Manager on non-conforming vehicles or issues arising
- Ensuring all work stations and preparation areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Ensuring the efficient and effective use of workshop facilities and equipment
- Operating the computerised system to time jobs and monitor efficiencies
- Communicating with internal teams and departments where necessary
- Liaising with the Parts suppliers on issues affecting availability of parts
- Advising the Service Team of issues and when tasks are completed
- Ensuring daily, weekly, monthly service and repair targets are met
- Working to deadlines to ensure that work is completed on time
- Providing complex diagnostics to a wide variety of vehicles
- Monitoring work progress, and pursue issues as necessary
- Stripping, fitting and replacing components on vehicles
- Repairing vehicle faults as requested by the customer
- Undertaking a full range of workshop duties
- Carrying out diagnostic repairs on vehicles
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Automotive / garage workshop experience
- High attention to detail and quality of work.
- A full driving licence is essential (Due to insurance purposes, this vacancy is only open to applicants 21 years old and above)
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4727
Full-Time, Permanent Motor, Car, Mechanic Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Exeter, Devon. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk