School Transport Minibus Driver with a current standard driving license with D1 entitlement and experience of driving a small commercial vehicle or minibus is required for a School based in Rutland, East Midlands.
SALARY: £9.62 - £9.81 per Hour
BENEFITS: A safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
LOCATION: Rutland, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 20 hours, Term Time only
PLEASE NOTE: The successful applicant for this post will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a School Transport Minibus Driver with a current standard driving license with D1 entitlement and experience of driving a small commercial vehicle or minibus.
Working as a School Transport Minibus Driver you will be part of a team that operates a continually effective daily transport service, ensuring this is achieved completely and on time. Your passengers may include the general public and children with special educational needs or disabilities and on complex routes you will be supported by a Passenger Transport Assistant during the journey.
As a School Transport Minibus Driver you will be required to have good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with professional staff and service clients to ensure the general welfare and safety of all passengers.
Your role as a School Transport Minibus Driver will include:
- Ensure the general welfare and safety of passengers, assisting passengers on and off, using the tail-lift where necessary
- Drive vehicles in a safe and appropriate manner, complying with road traffic law, meeting the statutory driving test standard as a minimum
- Assist staff to load, unload, secure and deliver goods and equipment
- Maintain vehicles in a clean and tidy condition inside and out at all times and in line with instructions given
- Before every trip, ensure the vehicle is in a fit and serviceable condition by carrying out legal and prescribed routine checks. Undertake a programme of weekly safety checks including fire precautions as instructed. Report any defects found on the appropriate form
- Complete records of work, vehicle logs, report forms or other records as requested by management
- Report all accidents, difficulties or problems as soon as possible to management
- Ensure the security of the vehicle (including passengers or goods) is maintained at all times, and in particular when leaving the vehicle at the end of the working day
- Support efficient route planning and vehicle scheduling with practical information and experience of the routes as requested
- Respect the confidential nature of passenger’s personal information at all times
- Full driving licence with D1 entitlement
- Experience of driving a small commercial vehicle or minibus would be useful
- Good communication and interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with professional staff and service clients
- Able to work split shifts across the day
- Able to maintain detailed records of work undertaken and to complete work sheets in a neat and tidy manner
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- To act in accordance with the principles set out in the Employee Code of Conduct and Values
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7111
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Rutland, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk