Mechanical Maintenance Engineer / Machine Repair Technician who has previous experience of working within either a fuel / solvent storage terminal, an installation handling hazardous substances / chemicals or a refinery is required for a well-established Company based in Canvey Island, Essex.
SALARY: £45,000 - £47,000 per annum (dependent on experience) + Benefits (includes Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension 5% match contribution)
LOCATION: Canvey Island, Essex
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer / Machine Repair Technician who has previous experience of working within either a fuel / solvent storage terminal, an installation handling hazardous substances / chemicals or a refinery.
Working as the Mechanical Maintenance Engineer / Machine Repair Technician you will conduct defect repairs and routine maintenance on all mechanical equipment as per the company’s maintenance plan.
You will need a rotating / static equipment background within previous experience of working with all types of mechanical equipment found on a storage terminal.
As the Mechanical Maintenance Engineer / Machine Repair Technician, you will support the Engineering Manager and the mechanical development of the site and implement systems and procedures to assist in this process.
The Company also prefers candidates to have some electrical / instrument experience. Although, this is not essential.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Mechanical Maintenance Engineer / Machine Repair Technician:
- Executes defect repairs and routine maintenance on all mechanical equipment such as pumps, air compressors, marine loading arms, access gantries, tank mixers, manual/actuated PSV/PRV valves, pipework, Bandlock doors, firefighting, security gates, equipment as per the company’s maintenance plan
- Oversee planned preventive maintenance and inspections of mechanical equipment, instrumentation, and site control systems
- Assess breakdowns / fault diagnosis of mechanical equipment as mentioned above in determining the plan for repair. This includes liaison with specialist contractors and coordination with site Operations team to plan/permit repairs
- Provide assistance to specialist contractors (OEM) during scheduled/unscheduled maintenance visits
- Spares management, responsible for spares ordering, usage and stock control
- Executes general ‘Handy Person’ duties
- Identify and execute basic mechanical operational task training
- Assists the Maintenance Co-ordinator with data entry into the Company’s CMMS system to keep asset records up to date
- Undertake Permit-to-Work and house-keeping audits (Auditing training will be given)
- Liaise with contractors, check and approve RAMS as required
- Provide support to the Engineering Manager and Maintenance Co-ordinator
- Interface with Site Project Teams as required
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical time-served and indentured to Ordinary / Higher National Certificate (ONC / HNC) or equivalent in a mechanical biased based field
- Proven experience of working with mechanical equipment
- Experience with some form of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) or Asset Management System, although not essential as training can be offered for the specific system
- Requires a strong rotating equipment background
- Ability to adapt to different environments
- Committed to own Continued Professional Development (CPD) in the industry
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Well organised with good time management skills
- Experience in the petrochemical / oil / gas industry preferred, or similar hazardous industry
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5298
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Canvey Island, Essex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk