SolidWorks Mechanical Design Engineer / CAD Designer who has 2D and 3D conceptual design and prototyping experience with a passion for developing new products in a fast-paced commercial environment is required for an innovative Manufacturing Company based in Bury, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, North West England.
SALARY: £28,000 - £34,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
BENEFITS: 20 Days Holiday (rising to 25 days after 2 years), Performance Related Bonus, Pension and Healthcare Schemes
LOCATION: Bury, Greater Manchester, Lancashire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
** Excellent Career Development Opportunities **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a SolidWorks Mechanical Design Engineer / CAD Designer who has 2D and 3D conceptual design and prototyping experience with a passion for developing new products in a fast-paced commercial environment.
Working as the Mechanical Design Engineer / CAD Designer you will join the Product Development Team and will produce conceptual design, prototyping and detailing for manufacture.
As the Mechanical Design Engineer / CAD Designer you will have used fairly extensively for the last few years SolidWorks and ideally have experience using Adobe Illustrator.
As a successful candidate, you will have an excellent opportunity to join a well-established Company that designs and invents innovative products and sub-systems that truly differentiate their customers’ products.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Mechanical Design Engineer / CAD Designer include:
- 2D and 3D conceptual design, prototyping, detailing and designing for manufacture
- Planning, defining & executing product design validation tests
- Documenting design changes using a product data management system (PDM), maintaining drawings and associated documentation
- Supporting the manufacturing team in all aspects to ensure the product can be reliably manufactured as per the design intent
- Designing and fabricating / procuring test equipment
- Liaising with suppliers on component design to produce cost effective & quality products
- Originating and contributing to the culture of innovation, both from a technical / engineering perspective and in process/operation
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Proven experience of mechanical design using SolidWorks
- Innovative, ambitious, always looking for opportunities to improve
- Competent in Microsoft Office & ideally Adobe illustrator
- Experience of designing products using a wide range of manufacturing processes
- Experience in designing parts for injection moulding
- A “can-do” Team Player with good oral and written communication skills and an eye for detail
- Good presentation and report writing skills
- Problem solving with an analytical approach
- Flexibility – Some overseas travel may be necessary
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4481
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bury, Greater Manchester, Lancashire. Recruitment and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
If you’re happy to commute to Bury, Greater Manchester we’ll also consider candidates from the following locations: Rochdale, Manchester, Bolton, Stockport, Wigan, Burnley and surrounding areas
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk