Mechanical Design Engineer / CAD Designer who has 2D and 3D conceptual design and prototyping experience with a passion for developing new products in a fast-paced commercial B2B environment is required for a well-established, Global Designer, Manufacturer and Distributor based in Bury, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, North West England.
SALARY: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits
BENEFITS: 20 days holiday (rising to 25 after 2 years) plus bank holidays, performance related bonus, pension and healthcare schemes
LOCATION: Bury, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, North West England – some overseas travel may be necessary
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent – part-time or hybrid role that might include an element of working from home will also be considered
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer / CAD Designer who has 2D and 3D conceptual design and prototyping experience with a passion for developing new products in a fast-paced commercial B2B environment.
Working as the Mechanical Design Engineer / CAD Designer you will join the Product Development Team and will produce conceptual design, prototyping and detailing for manufacture.
As the Mechanical Design Engineer / CAD Designer you will have knowledge of 3D Mechanical design tools, Solidworks and associated tool chains (PDM) would be an advantage, and will be competent in Microsoft Office and ideally Adobe illustrator.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Mechanical Design Engineer / CAD Designer will include:
- Generation of design concepts, requirements and specifications
- Generate and maintain product GA drawings & detailed manufacturing drawings
- Problem solving to achieve optimal solutions
- 2D and 3D conceptual design, prototyping, detailing and designing for manufacture
- Planning, defining & executing product design validation tests or DFMEA’s
- Documenting design changes using a product data management system (PDM)
- Supporting the manufacturing team in all aspects to ensure the product can be reliably manufactured as per the design intent
- Product lifecycle management and new product integration
- Designing and fabricating/procuring test equipment
- Liaising with suppliers on component design to produce cost effective & quality products
- Originating and contributing to the culture of innovation, both from a technical/engineering perspective and in process/operation
- Collaborate with other product design disciplines, such as electrical and electronics
- Extensive experience of product design in a similar role
- Knowledge of 3D Mechanical design tools:
- Solidworks and associated tool chains (PDM) would be an advantage
- Competent in Microsoft Office & ideally Adobe illustrator
- Experience of designing products using a wide range of manufacturing processes
- Experience in designing parts for high volume injection moulding including an appreciation of tooling design
- Experience in rapid prototyping techniques
- Experience and knowledge of housing electronic PCB’s would be an advantage
- Experience of designing products to relevant standards such as CE, UL & NEMA would be an advantage
- A ‘can-do’ team player, good oral and written communication skills and an eye for detail
- Good presentation and report writing skills
- Problem solving with an analytical approach
- Innovative, ambitious, always looking for opportunities to improve
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team, willing to question and challenge the status quo
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7431
Full-Time, Permanent Manufacturing / Engineering Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bury, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk