Trailer & HGV Technician / Mechanic / Fitter who has experience in maintenance and repair of heavy commercial vehicles and trailers is required for a leading service and logistical provider based in Heyford, Oxfordshire.
SALARY: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (Depending on Experience) + Overtime
LOCATION: Heyford, Oxfordshire (Just outside of Bicester)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 45 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Trailer & HGV Technician / Mechanic / Fitter who has experience in maintenance and repair of heavy commercial vehicles and trailers.
Working as the Trailer & HGV Technician / Mechanic / Fitter you will be based in Heyford, just outside of Bicester and will carry out site repairs and servicing work throughout the UK on some occasions. Overtime is readily available which will be paid at an enhanced rate.
As the Trailer & HGV Technician / Mechanic / Fitter you will be experienced in maintenance and repair of heavy commercial vehicles and Trailers having attained appropriate City & Guilds, NVQ or BTEC qualifications, although not having the qualifications to show will not dismiss you from being considered. Having previous experience with Mobile Medical trailers and/or Tridec steering systems will be an advantage but again not essential. Having an HGV C+E licence would also be beneficial to the role.
It is essential that you are a trustworthy, pro-active, safe working individual with a can-do attitude who is willing and able to adapt at times and work under pressure within time restraints to get the job completed to a high standard of repair.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Trailer & HGV Technician / Mechanic / Fitter you will include:
- Carrying out routine maintenance and repair of a predominant DAF XF fleet to VOSA Standards to maintain a very high percentage of MOT pass rates
- Routine inspections and repair to mobile medical trailers including full annual inspections and strip downs of hubs and brakes
- Carrying out repairs to the highest of standards
- Diagnostics and repair of trailer ABS/EBS systems
- Maintenance and repair to TRIDEC steering systems
- Working on hydraulic landing leg systems
- Diagnostics and repair to vehicle/trailer electrical systems
- Occasional attendance of on-site maintenance and breakdowns at leading Hospitals and locations throughout the UK.
- Diagnostics and repairs of on board generator engines
- Ensure all paperwork and reports are completed in a timely manor
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6112
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Heyford, Oxfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk