Mechanic / Fleet Engineer / Vehicle Technician who has previous experience working in a garage repairing and maintaining vehicles or has a City and Guilds parts I II and III Motor Vehicle Craft Studies qualification or equivalent is required to join our Team at South Central Fleet Services in Didcot, Oxfordshire.
SALARY: £27,000 per annum + 17% USH
LOCATION: Didcot, Oxfordshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday – Rotating Shifts: 06:30 – 14:00 & 14:00 - 23:00 & Saturday – Sunday 08:00 – 16:00
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Mechanic / Fleet Engineer / Vehicle Technician, officially known within the organisation as a Fleet Engineer, who has previous experience working in a garage repairing and maintaining vehicles or has a City and Guilds parts I II and III Motor Vehicle Craft Studies qualification or equivalent
If you are a motivated individual looking for your next challenge and thrive from maintaining and repairing specialists’ vehicles? Then look no further! We have got an exciting opportunity for you to join our team at our NEW contemporary workshop based in Didcot as a Fleet Engineer.
Working as the Mechanic / Fleet Engineer / Vehicle Technician you will perform a vital and challenging part in maintaining and repairing specialists’ vehicles and equipment to the highest standard, while ensuring maximum levels of vehicles availability at all times.
As the Mechanic / Fleet Engineer / Vehicle Technician, this role offers a unique opportunity to maintain a diverse range of vehicles and also ancillary equipment for example tail-lifts, stretchers, air liner and advanced electronic components on the behalf of South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust.
This role is full time covering workshop opening hours on a rota basis.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Mechanic / Fleet Engineer / Vehicle Technician:
- Carry out maintenance and repairs of ambulances and other vehicles
- Attend the scenes of breakdowns for repairs or recovery
- Prepare new vehicles for service and prepare old vehicles for disposal
- Ensure a clean and tidy workshop is maintained
- Make decisions on vehicle repairs, in the absence of the Fleet Supervisor
- Participate in a 24 hour Duty Mechanic standby rota system
If you fall in one of the following categories and feel you have the necessary skill and experience, then we would love to hear from you today:
- Motor Vehicle Indentured apprenticeship or complete an equivalent training scheme and obtained City and Guilds Motor Vehicles Craft studies parts 1, 2 & 3 or Motor Vehicle Technicians qualification or BTEC equivalents
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Electrical diagnostic skills
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate others
- Professional approach, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Approachable and team-focused
- Ability to manage workload within deadlines
- Experience working on commercial vehicles would be highly desirable
- ONC motor vehicle qualification
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of South Central Fleet Services Ltd.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5311
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Didcot, Oxfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.