GCSE Maths Tutor (Teacher / Lecturer) to deliver 9-1 standard GCSE mathematics is required by a leading specialist vocational college based in London.
SALARY: £30,000 - £34,000 per annum
WORKING HOURS: 40 Hours per Week
TYPE: 9 – 12 Months Fixed Term Temporary Contract (Maternity Cover)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a GCSE Maths Tutor (Teacher / Lecturer) to deliver 9-1 standard GCSE mathematics.
As the GCSE Maths Tutor (Teacher / Lecturer) you will join the College’s Education and Training Department, which is a friendly, fast paced and an enjoyable team to work within.
This Department is responsible for providing a high standard of teaching and development to all learners, through an array of different courses and strategies.
Working as the GCSE Maths Tutor (Teacher / Lecturer) you will deliver, assess and record appropriate Initial and Diagnostic Assessments to individuals and groups, providing guidance to tutors and students regarding the analysis of the assessment outcomes.
Successful candidates will have a great opportunity to join a well-established, leading specialist vocational college.
The college is open all year and operates without term breaks. Courses start throughout the year and learners can enrol and start their course during any month of the year.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the GCSE Maths Tutor (Teacher / Lecturer):
- Ensure delivery of mathematics is in line with college aims and targets, meeting a minimum of ‘Good’ in line with Ofsted criteria, aspiring to achieve ‘Outstanding’ teaching and learning
- Deliver, assess and record appropriate Initial and Diagnostic Assessments to individuals and groups, providing guidance to tutors and learners regarding the analysis of the assessment outcomes
- Devise, deliver and manage programmes of study to meet learners’ individual needs for up to 150 learners (per academic year) which may include: 1:1 in-class, group work, adaptation of learning materials and resources, differentiation of planning and delivery, implementation of assessment access arrangements
- Promote a stimulating learning environment and use a range of Education and Training strategies and materials, including the use of digital skills resources, to motivate and engage learners, encourage the development of learners’ skills and understanding and positive outcomes
- Ensure that Schemes of Work, lesson plans and group files are maintained and up to date in the format required
- Monitor the retention, success and achievement of your cohort of learners and ensure that they meet their aims
- Develop a range of appropriate learning materials for use across the curriculum, participate in maths GCSE curriculum development and staff training
- Promote the importance of improving English and mathematics GCSE as appropriate
- Assist in the moderation as necessary
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- A teaching qualification (minimum PGCE)
- Experience in delivering 9-1 standard GCSE mathematics
- Vocationally competent in mathematics, minimum A-Level or equivalent
- A proven personal track record of high retention and achievement, with results of 85%+
- Experience with moderation of GCSE’s quality (Desirable)
- A proven track record of ‘good’ (in line with OFSTED/ALI grades) lesson observations (Desirable)
- Excellent IT skills to include Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-C3822
Full-Time, Fixed-Term Temporary Maternity Cover Contract Teaching Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Education Recruitment in London
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk