Materials Planner who is PC literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word and Excel) and excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills is required for a well-established Manufacturer based in Tyseley, Birmingham, West Midlands
LOCATION: Tyseley, Birmingham, West Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Materials Planner who is PC literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word and Excel) and excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
Working as a Materials Planner you will join a successful business established for over 30 years. Working within the Commercial Department you will be reporting to one of three Buyers.
As a Materials Planner you will ideally have knowledge of stock control / materials planning and an understanding of replenishment methodologies operated within a busy manufacturing environment.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Materials Planner will include:
- Assist in the uninterrupted flow of materials to manufacture correctly placing orders in line with company requirements
- Ensure safety stock levels are maintained and have a good understanding of re-order levels including supplier performance and potential delivery issues
- Escalate potential issues with out-of-stock items reviewing periodically keeping overstocked and aged stock to a minimum
- Ensure system parameters are reviewed and updated
- Release system generated PTO orders informing sales, customer services of any issues
- To assist where necessary in production scheduling and planning of materials
- Supporting the buyers with ad hoc projects and duties where necessary
- knowledge of stock control / materials planning
- An understanding of replenishment methodologies operated within a busy manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written & oral
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to manage own time effectively
- Must be PC literate with high standard of Microsoft Office (MS Word and Excel)
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8649
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Tyseley, Birmingham, West Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk