Manufacturing Plant Technician who has experience of lean methodologies such as Kanban or similar with good organisational, time management and planning skills is required for a well-established pharmaceutical manufacturing facility based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
LOCATION: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Manufacturing Plant Technician with the ability to support the operation of the pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities by performing essential daily/weekly tasks and contributing to ongoing optimisation and efficiency programs.
Working as a Manufacturing Plant Technician you will need to be self-motivated, adaptable, resilient and methodical. Good organisational skills will be required as part of the role involves running the stores area. You will also need good communication skills as you will be involved in updating the current Shift Manager / Shift Supervisor and liaising with Warehouse staff to ensure stocks and consumables are available and other support tasks completed.
This position as a Manufacturing Plant Technician is ideal for someone who wants to take ownership of multiple activities and improvement opportunities, fully supported by an operational and managerial team.
Full training and a specifically tailored development program provided.
Your role as Manufacturing Plant Technician will include:
- Ensure that plant safety is maintained and safety procedures are adhered to
- Ensure operational procedures are followed
- Identify and suggest areas where improvements can be made. Participate fully and diligently in project schemes to support continuous improvement
- Manage the equipment spare parts area and its replenishment strategy
- Complete and review logbooks and relevant documentation promptly and accurately
- Plan and execute your own schedule, to ensure that daily tasks around the plant are completed, including equipment calibrations, housekeeping and maintaining stocks of consumable items
- Perform preventative maintenance of equipment such as vacuum pumps, thermal control units, gas detectors
- Checking/sampling/adjusting systems such as purified water generator, wet scrubbers, dosing tanks, carbon adsorption units
- Excellent communicator, able to liaise between different departments
- Demonstrated successful planning and organisational skills
- Excellent time management and prioritisation capabilities. Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience of lean methodologies, e.g. Kanban systems, and in GxP environments would be beneficial
- Able to work effectively and efficiently on your own or as part of a team
- Strong sense of accountability for the outcome
- IT literate with good Microsoft Office skills
- Previous experience in the chemical/pharmaceutical industry desirable
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7032
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk