Manufacturing Operative / Food Production Operative with the ability to operate bakery plant and equipment to gain maximum productivity and efficiency, who is able to work well with others and consistently display a ‘can-do’ attitude, is required to join our Manufacturing team producing Kingsmill bread at our London Bakery, for Allied Bakeries based in Walthamstow, East London.
SALARY: £33,647 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Walthamstow, East London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 42 hours per week (FTE), 4 on 4 off shifts, working both days and nights, weekends and Bank Holidays
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Food Manufacturing Production Operative / Technician with the ability to operate bakery plant and equipment to gain maximum productivity and efficiency, who is able to work well with others and consistently display a ‘can-do’ attitude.
As the Food Manufacturing Production Operative / Technician you will work with others, achieving high levels of performance and quality standards which are founded on a culture of continuous improvement, development and learning.
The key responsibilities of the Food Manufacturing Production Operative / Technician will include:
- Ensure that the Safety-First standards of an accident free zone are foremost in your own behaviours
- Operate all bakery plant and equipment to gain maximum productivity and efficiency
- Continuously look to develop and improve key work processes; develop better, faster more efficient ways of doing things
- Consistently contribute as part of the team to improving the quality of products and service
- Always strive to ensure effectiveness is maintained
- Take appropriate actions as part of the team to optimise delivery of the Production Schedule
ABOUT ALLIED BAKERIES
Like our Loaf's Good Superhero you too could become great every day and be part of our amazing team delivering freshly baked bread and many other delicious items to our customers every day!
As part of Associated British Foods who are one of Britain’s leading companies, we at Allied Milling and Baking produce and deliver freshly baked bread and many other delicious items to our customers every day!
There's more to Allied Bakeries than just being a leading company with great products, we have an excellent team and know that good people really do make the difference.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
The Food Manufacturing Production Operative / Technician will have:
- Personal development goals with the desire to be the best that you can be
- Ability to work well with others at all times
- Actively encourage and participate in team working across all areas of the bakery
- A consistently positive ‘Can Do’ attitude
If you join us, in addition to an attractive salary, you can enjoy the following:
- Pension Scheme starting at 4% matched by the business up to 10% of matched contribution with Associated British Foods, our Parent Company!
- Sample our fantastic products at a hugely discounted price. Kingsmill 50/50 seeded a must try!
- Benefits for you and your family through our ‘Extra Slice’ scheme; which provides great savings at more than 500 business/outlets including Tesco, Sainsbury, M&S, Curry's/PC World, including healthcare, gym discounts and saving on your holidays
- Have a sandwich in our subsidised canteen, using our delicious bread or a hot meal. Breakfast or lunch at a fraction of the price
- Cycle to work scheme - Helping you to get to work with a range of great bikes on offer
- Discounted rates with Simply Health for dentists, opticians, chiropractors etc.
- Death in service benefits up to 4 times your salary
- Refer scheme - Refer a friend and if we employ them, you get the reward £££. This is now £500 if you refer a HGV driver to us
- Family friendly and flexible working schemes - designed to help meet the needs of individuals and the business
- Employee Assistance Programme - A free and confidential support service for employees covering a wide range or topics including financial guidance through to relationship and legal advice
- Charitable giving - we are just about to launch a charity partnership with Save the Children. You can deliver a slice of kindness through donating to a charity through payroll
- Free on-site car parking facilities
- Free Allied Bakeries uniform
- Excellent local public transport links
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7495
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Allied Bakeries / Kingsmill