A Managing Editor with an excellent knowledge of the publishing industry and a passion for novelty board books is required for an international publishing company based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes by train from London Euston).
SALARY: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
LOCATION: Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes from London Euston)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic job opportunity for a highly creative Managing Editor who has a meticulous and organised nature, as well as a creative flair for novelty product and board books.
As the Managing Editor, you will have a wide range of responsibilities, such as managing a list of books from initial brief to completion, maintaining third-party relationships, overseeing a team of editors, allocating workload, and ensuring each book that the team creates reaches the high creative and editorial standards required. Successful candidates will also possess a passion for innovation, with a desire to pioneer new ideas and product.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV and Cover Letter as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Managing Editor include:
- Managing the board book product list in partnership with a Managing Designer, liaising with Sales, Production and Senior Management when necessary
- Conceiving and developing new titles, novelties and products
- Tracking development of dummies and packaging requirements, and ensuring all specifications are accurate and suitable to the market
- Working with third-party contributors, such as illustrators, authors, editors, consultants, and Americanisers
- Planning content, managing text and editing books to the agreed brief and specifications, working alongside the editorial and design team
- Managing in-house schedules and workflow, and adapting to the needs of the business when necessary to hit critical targets and deadlines
- Line managing a team of editors and editorial assistants, helping with their training and development
- Managing the editorial content of the company catalogue and advance information sheets, as well as coordinating and checking written descriptions and product specifications
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
As the Managing Editor you will have the following skills and experience:
- Have expert technical knowledge of children’s novelty board books
- Have experience of managing lists of books and an advanced knowledge of publishing procedure and workflow
- Have an expert-level understanding of editorial duties, including copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading
- Must enjoy collaborating with others and brainstorming creative ideas
- Have experience managing and mentoring a team of editors
- Must be extremely organised, motivated and be able to work well under pressure
- Must have a meticulous nature with a keen eye for detail
- Have an advance knowledge of InDesign, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Excellent benefits including 25 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, contributory pension scheme, life assurance, substantial discounts on their books, discounts to many high street and online stores and many more.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4674
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk