Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer with excellent engineering, troubleshooting and machine / equipment repair skills is required for a Plant / Depot in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England.
SALARY: £33,000 - £35,000 per annum + Bonuses + Van + Benefits
WORKING HOURS: 40 Hours Per Week (Flexi Hours with occasional weekends and evenings – You will also need the flexibility to visit sites for emergency repairs / breakdowns)
LOCATION: Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England
Although you will be based in Swindon, you will be required to travel to other Depots based in the South / South East, Including London and Rainham in Essex.
PLEASE NOTE: A full driving license is required - a vehicle will be supplied as part of the role
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates will come from a Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering Background with experience working with heavy duty machinery within a factory, plant or manufacturing setting or come from an Ex-Forces background working with heavy equipment.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer with excellent engineering, troubleshooting and machine / equipment repair skills.
Working as the Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer you will enjoy a ‘hands-on’ role primarily providing a reactive and proactive maintenance resource ensuring that the machines and equipment is ready for use every day, whilst maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping and Health & Safety at all times.
As the Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer you will have experience working with heavy duty machinery within a factory, plant or manufacturing setting or come from an Ex-Forces background working with heavy equipment.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer include:
- Undertake mechanical maintenance tasks, including the replacement, repair and overhaul of all plant equipment to minimise downtime
- Assisting the Plant Supervisors in the operation of scheduled maintenance tasks, inspection and equipment condition monitoring activities
- Maintaining the workshop area and working closely with other teams in the plant to ensure spares and equipment levels are identified and available
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Have formal engineering qualifications (City & Guilds or equivalent) and be prepared to receive additional formal engineering training
- Have or be prepared to work towards a formal H&S qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH) – the Company will help you towards this and other qualifications the business requires
- Have a good practical knowledge of plant equipment, coupled with relevant experience (electrical / hydraulic / pneumatic) in a similar safety conscious workplace
- The ability to work at heights or in confined spaces, in a physically challenging and demanding environment
- Ability to use initiative with a conscientious approach and strong work ethic
- Great listening skills and the ability to communicate well, both written and verbal to help facilitate a remote support service
- Welding and fabrication experience would be advantageous but is not essential
- A full driving license is required, a vehicle will be supplied as part of the role
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4455
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find and New Job and Work in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England. Recruitment and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
If you’re happy to commute to Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England we’ll also consider candidates from the following locations: Marlborough, Malmesbury, Chippenham, Purton, Highworth, Wantage, Cirencester, Faringdon, Kemble, Melksham, Devizes, Thatcham, Burford, Abingdon, Didcot and surrounding areas
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk