Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer with excellent engineering, troubleshooting and machine / equipment repair skills required for a Global Company based in Sidcup, South East London.
SALARY: £32,500 per annum + Benefits
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week – Monday to Friday
LOCATION: Sidcup, South East London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
** Excellent Career Development Opportunities Available **
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates will come from a Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering Background with experience working with heavy duty machinery within a factory, plant or manufacturing setting or come from an Ex-Forces background working with heavy equipment.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer that has excellent engineering, troubleshooting and machine / equipment repair skills.
Working as the Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer you will join the team at the Sidcup Incineration Plant on a full-time permanent basis.
As the Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer you will be required to work 40 hours per week and will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance activities within the plant to keep downtime to a minimum using preventive and reactive maintenance procedures in line with site specific maintenance schedules.
As a successful applicant, you will have a great opportunity to join this Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities for the right candidate.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer:
- Provide first line breakdown / defect repairs and or support to Shift Supervisors, acting immediately and effectively to minimise the loss of plant availability
- Closely monitor the safe running of the plant and report to the Supervisor or Manager any engineering concerns
- Inspect, co-ordinate and maintain the plant maintenance documentation in conjunction with the plant manager
- Prepare and co-ordinate the inspection, and effect repairs if required, to all statutory and non-statutory testing actions required to plant and equipment
- Review and update where required or as and when necessary site maintenance procedures
- Ensure pending unsafe conditions are noted and reported to the Plant Manager
- Maintain the workshop area and subsequent spares availability to ensure minimum downtime
- Provide the plant manager with appropriate stock lists as and when required for audit purposes
- Be involved with the "out of hours" engineering support group, in providing frontline maintenance support both communicably and physically when required
- Liaise with plant manager on improvements initiatives for company equipment
- Complete maintenance logs in line with company BMS System
- Stand in for the Shift Supervisor in their absence, if required
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum requirement formal qualification in Mechanical Engineering (e.g. City & Guilds or equivalent)
- An Electrical and / or Mechanical Engineering Background with experience working with heavy duty machinery within a factory, plant or manufacturing setting or from an Ex-Forces background with heavy equipment experience
- Hydraulics maintenance / fault finding
- Working Knowledge of Steam systems on a waste to energy plant
- Electrical fault finding experience (desirable)
- 16th/17th Edition Electrical Qualification (desirable)
- Heavy Industrial plant Experience (desirable)
- A willingness to develop in the role
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4670
Full-Time, Permanent Engineering Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Sidcup, South East London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk