Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer with excellent engineering, troubleshooting and machine / equipment repair skills is required for a Global Company based in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
SALARY: £25,000 per annum + up to £2,000 Bonus + Benefits
LOCATION: Leeds, West Yorkshire
JOB TYPE: Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 6am to 2pm Monday to Friday (Rota – weekends on call)
** Excellent Career Development Opportunities Available **
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates will come from a Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering Background with experience working with heavy duty machinery within a factory, plant or manufacturing setting or come from an Ex-Forces background working with heavy equipment.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer with excellent engineering, troubleshooting and machine / equipment repair skills.
Working as the Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer you will join the team at the Leeds Plant on a full-time permanent basis.
As the Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer you will provide first-line plant support, ensuring plant machinery availability is optimised. You will also carry out planned maintenance and troubleshoot repairs for site machinery whilst contributing to the forward planning of engineering works.
As a successful applicant, you will have a great opportunity to join this Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities for the right candidate.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer:
- To provide first line breakdown / defect repairs and or support to shift supervisors
- To closely monitor the safe running of the plant and report to the supervisor or manager any engineering concerns
- To prepare and co-ordinate the inspection, and effect repairs if required, to all statutory and non-statutory testing actions required to plant and equipment
- To review and update where required or as and when necessary site maintenance procedures
- To ensure pending unsafe conditions are noted and reported to the plant manager
- To be involved with the "out of hours" engineering support group, in providing frontline maintenance support both communicably and physically when required
- To complete maintenance logs
- To stand in for the shift supervisor in their absence
- Minimum requirement formal qualification in Mechanical Engineering (e.g. City & Guilds or equivalent)
- Hydraulics maintenance / fault finding
- Working Knowledge of Steam systems on a waste to energy plant
- A willingness to develop in the role
- Electrical fault finding experience (desirable)
- 16th/17th Edition Electrical Qualification (desirable)
- Heavy Industrial plant Experience (desirable)
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work according to plant requirements
- Have the ability to diagnose problems and deliver on-time solutions
- Be willing to deputise for the Shift Supervisor when required, therefore supervisory skills would be preferred
- Any industrial plant experience and electrical qualifications would be a distinct advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5070
Full-Time, Permanent Engineering Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Leeds, West Yorkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk