Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer with excellent engineering, fault finding / troubleshooting and machine / equipment repair skills is required for a busy Plant.
SALARY: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: You will be initially based at Four Ashes, Staffordshire, West Midlands. However, this is a mobile role and you may have to work in Wolverhampton or other sites within the group, to cover for staff shortages when required.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 40 Hours per Week
** Excellent Career Development Opportunities Available **
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates will come from a Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering Background with experience working with heavy duty machinery within a factory, plant or manufacturing setting or come from an Ex-Forces background working with heavy equipment.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer with excellent engineering, fault finding / troubleshooting and machine / equipment repair skills.
Working as the Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer you will ensure the Company’s Plant availability is optimised, contributing to the forward planning of engineering works. providing first-line planned maintenance and troubleshoot repairs for site machinery at the Plant.
As the Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for the day to day mechanical maintenance activities within the plant, providing first line breakdown / defect repairs. Acting immediately and effectively to minimise the loss of plant availability to keep downtime to a minimum using preventive and reactive maintenance procedures in line with site specific maintenance schedules.
As a successful applicant, you will have a great opportunity to join a Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities for the right candidate.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer:
- Provide mobile support to various sites in particular Four Ashes and the Wolverhampton Plant
- Plan first line breakdown / defect / fault repairs
- Closely monitor the safe running of the plant and report to the supervisor or manager any engineering concerns
- Prepare and co-ordinate the inspection, and effect repairs if required, to all statutory and non-statutory testing actions required to plant and equipment
- Review and update where required or as and when necessary site maintenance procedures (Site Specific)
- Ensure pending unsafe conditions are noted and reported to the plant manager
- Be involved with the "out of hours" engineering support group, in providing frontline maintenance support both communicably and physically when required
- Complete maintenance logs in line with company B.MS System
- Stand in for the Plant Manager in their absence (site specific requirement)
- Minimum requirement formal qualification in Mechanical Engineering (e.g. City & Guilds or equivalent)
- Hydraulics maintenance / fault finding
- Working Knowledge of Steam systems on a waste to energy plant
- A willingness to develop in the role
- Electrical fault-finding experience (desirable)
- 16th/17th Edition Electrical Qualification (desirable)
- Heavy Industrial plant Experience (desirable)
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5399
Full-Time, Permanent Engineering Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Four Ashes, Staffordshire, West Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk