Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer with excellent engineering, troubleshooting and machine / equipment repair skills is required for a Global Company based in Avonmouth, Bristol, South West England
SALARY: up to £28,000 per annum + up to £2,000 Bonus + Benefits
LOCATION: Avonmouth, Bristol, South West England
JOB TYPE: Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 7am to 3pm Monday to Friday
** Excellent Career Development Opportunities Available **
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates will come from a Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering Background with experience working with heavy duty machinery within a factory, plant or manufacturing setting or come from an Ex-Forces background working with heavy equipment.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer with excellent engineering, troubleshooting and machine / equipment repair skills.
Working as the Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer you will join the team at the Avonmouth Plant on a full-time permanent basis.
As the Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer you will provide first-line plant support, ensuring plant machinery availability is optimised. You will also carry out planned maintenance and troubleshoot repairs for site machinery whilst contributing to the forward planning of engineering works.
As a successful applicant, you will have a great opportunity to join this Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities for the right candidate.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Engineer:
- Become fully conversant with all maintenance / engineering aspects of the plant
- Work closely with shift supervisors and managers to co-ordinate the inspection of plant / equipment and carry out repairs / testing as required which does not conflict with plant operations / scheduled work
- Work in conjunction with engineering colleagues and other departments to co-ordinate and maintain site documentation, as well as review and contribute to the development of the maintenance programme
- Some out of hours work duties will be required as part of your role
- Have experience in all aspects of mechanical equipment and processes, including welding, pneumatics and hydraulics, plus relevant formal engineering qualifications
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work according to plant requirements
- Have the ability to diagnose problems and deliver on-time solutions
- Be willing to deputise for the Shift Supervisor when required, therefore supervisory skills would be preferred
- Any industrial plant experience and electrical qualifications would be a distinct advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4808
Full-Time, Permanent Engineering Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Avonmouth, Bristol, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk