Maintenance Technician / Estate Facilities & Building Repair Operative with an Electrical bias, who is energetic, hands on and a flexible team player with the ability to turn your hand to any task is required for a leading Charity based in Chalfont St Peter, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire.
An electrical qualification, and electrical experience, is highly desirable but not essential
SALARY: £24,000 - £26,000 per annum + Call-Out
BENEFITS: Use of small van when on call (including petrol), on-site parking, group personal pension, corporate induction training, DBS paid, generous holiday entitlement, employee assistance programme
LOCATION: Chalfont St Peter, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm with 24/7 emergency on call one week on / one week off, PLUS out of hours site call outs (additional pay for all call outs)
PLEASE NOTE: The ideal candidate will live within 30 minutes of Chalfont St Peter, in order to provide the best possible call out service – NB call outs are on average one per week.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Maintenance Technician / Estate Facilities & Building Repair Operative with an Electrical bias, who is energetic, hands on and a flexible team player with the ability to turn your hand to any task.
As the Maintenance Technician / Estate Facilities & Building Repair Operative you will work in a close-knit team with the Estates officer, providing a responsive and flexible service to the estate and residents.
The team supports all aspects of operations on site which includes care homes, a therapy & arts centre, a hospital ward, MRI unit and research laboratories, as well as several smaller office buildings and small residential accommodation.
As the Maintenance Technician / Estate Facilities & Building Repair Operative you will have significant opportunity to learn and develop new skills in building fabric, plumbing, carpentry, redecoration, basic electrics, equipment repairs, furniture build and repair and more.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Some of your duties as the Maintenance Technician / Estate Facilities & Building Repair Operative will include:
- Respond to maintenance issues & various helpdesk requests on site, under the guidance of the Estates Officer and in partnership with one other Maintenance Technician, to provide an efficient maintenance service to the whole estate
- Support a wide variety of maintenance jobs on a flexible basis
- Porterage around site including driving & responsibility for one of two on-site team vehicles
- Set up of meeting rooms, furniture & gazebos for site training, social & community events
- Support wider team on checks & inspections (e.g. of fire or first aid equipment)
- Part of wider estates team supporting any emergency situations on site
- Ad hoc support to Estates Officer, Head of Estates & Facilities & wider team
- A practical hands-on approach
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Interest in DIY & Maintenance
- Flexibility to suit an extremely varied role and tasks
- Full & Clean Driving License
- Great relationship building skills
- An empathetic approach and an understanding of confidentiality, data protection etc.
- Have a flexible approach to work and duties
- Work as a team player and liaise effectively with other colleagues
- Working knowledge of health & safety in the workplace
- Experience in a maintenance role or environment
- An understanding of Epilepsy
An enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring) check will be required before appointment is confirmed
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7108
Full-Time, Permanent Construction and Trades Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Chalfont St Peter, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk