Building Repairs Management Maintenance Surveyor who has experience inspecting and diagnosing complex property repairs, working with and managing contractors and liaising with customers is required for a Responsive and Planned Maintenance Team with a well-established Housing organisation based in Poole, Dorset, South West England.
SALARY: £27,041 – £31,346 pro rata + Excellent Benefits (Free Parking, Generous Holiday Allowance, Superb Pension Scheme)
LOCATION: Poole, Dorset, South West England
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
HOURS: 29.6 hours per week
PLEASE NOTE: A driving licence and access to a vehicle for work is required.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Building Repairs Management Maintenance Surveyor who has experience inspecting and diagnosing complex property repairs, working with and managing contractors and liaising with customers is required for a Responsive and Planned Maintenance Team.
Working as the Building Repairs Management Maintenance Surveyor you will provide a high quality, response repairs and Voids maintenance service, minimising timeframes, maximising resources for improvement programmes and maintaining scrutiny of works in progress to ensure they conform to specifications and regulations, all of which will be done while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
As the Building Repairs Management Maintenance Surveyor, you should have the ability to accurately diagnose building defects and identify appropriate remedial actions for occupied and empty residential buildings, and experience of specifying and inspecting complex responsive repairs. You will also have knowledge of the law related to responsive repairs, including Health & Safety, social housing law, relevant construction legislation and tenant and landlord responsibilities.
With excellent communications skills and the ability to explain complex issues to non-technical colleagues and tenants, you will be a strategic thinker and problem solver, able to work effectively with varied and busy workload.
In return, the organisation will give you a rewarding job, a fantastic working environment in a lovely location, great colleagues and excellent benefits including free parking, a generous holiday allowance and a superb pension scheme.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Building Repairs Management Maintenance Surveyor include:
- Undertake routine remedial survey work covering inspections of voids and response repair maintenance
- Raise voids and response repair work orders and liaise with contractors as required
- Investigate and resolve insurance claims, boundary disputes, tenants’ improvement, tenants’ disrepair claims, and major damp and similar items of work
- Prepare specifications, schedules of work and cost/estimates where required
- Assist in contract procurement and contract management activities
- Provide technical support, guidance and advice to the Customer Services Team and Housing Management staff as required
- Ensure complex defects and repairs are inspected promptly and ordered subject to budget availability and repair policy
- Investigate difficulties encountered by the Response Repairs and Voids Contractors
- Undertake inspections of work in progress to ensure quality assurance and Contract audits
- Ensure the quality of the responsive repairs contractors completed work is checked and assessed
- Check and sign off relevant contractor / sub-contractor invoices
- Prepare specifications, acquire quotes for planned works, monitor and post inspect the works
- Carry out handover of minor works projects
- Check and sign off invoices for minor works projects
- Experience specifying and inspecting complex responsive repairs
- Working with and managing contractors
- HND / HNC in Construction or Building Studies (Desirable)
- Ability to explain complex repair issues to non-technical colleagues
- Ability to use IT systems to prepare specifications and raise orders
- Customer focused with excellent customer care standards
- Strategic thinker and problem-solver
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of Construction/Building industry methods and techniques
- Knowledge of Social Housing law: Landlord and Tenant responsibilities is desirable
- Relevant construction health and safety (CDM) legislation
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of law related to responsive repairs including Health and Safety
- Current full driving licence and use of vehicle for work
HOW TO APPLY
Once you’ve applied for this role through this site you will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C5911
Part-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Poole, Dorset, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk