Engineering Maintenance Manager who has excellent team management and leadership skills with the ability to coordinate multiple activities and has excellent contract management experience is required for a well-established company based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
LOCATION: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Engineering Maintenance Manager who has excellent team management and leadership skills with the ability to coordinate multiple activities and has excellent contract management experience.
Working as the Engineering Maintenance Manager you will oversee the internal multi-disciplinary Team of Engineers as well as indirect management of external contractors to maintain Utilities and manufacturing process equipment within a GMP environment.
As the Engineering Maintenance Manager you will need excellent organisational, time-management and team leadership skills with a good understanding of an engineering plant and utilities equipment.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Engineering Maintenance Manager will include:
- Responsible for maintenance activities; work closely with Planner Scheduler and Maintenance Supervisor to execute maintenance strategy via CMMS to deliver GEP compliance, utilisation of resources and identify Continuous Improvement opportunities
- Host and manage a wide range of external contractors ensuring a Safe System of Work (PTW/RAMS)
- Ensure internal and external maintenance activities are executed in line with statutory requirements, cGMP and EHS guidelines
- Ensure routine Risk Assessments (Fire, Legionella, Ammonia) are undertaken and actioned
- Promote the highest standards of customer care and professionalism and take accountability for the services provided by the team
- Manage small Capital projects for improvement/replacement of equipment
- Develop and implement a training plan accounting for current and required skills in the Team
- Through coaching and performance management provide positive and corrective feedback to team members
- Exercise financial control in the management of expenditure to budget
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communicator able to discuss issues with stakeholders and at all levels of the organisation
- Organised, able to co-ordinate multiple concurrent activities
- High degree of proficiency in Contract Management; from selection process through to managing service levels
- Conversant with the requirements of a ‘Responsible person’ for Statutory Insurance Inspections and L8
- Able to demonstrate leading a team through change management
- Understanding of engineering plant and utilities equipment and associated GEP, and compliance requirements
- Able to work as part of a team and on own as required
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience of managing a team of internal/external Engineers is essential
- Experience of ATEX / DSEAR work environments and GMP in a chemical / pharmaceutical or similarly regulated industry is desirable
- Ideally you will be a degree qualified Engineer (Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical) or possess equivalent experience gained over time
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6744
Full Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk