Maintenance Fitter who has extensive experience within a heavy industry maintenance environment (aggregates, concrete, mining or waste) with the ability to fault find and repair mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic issues is required for a well-established company based in Avonmouth, Bristol, South West England.
SALARY: £41,208 per annum / £19.81 per hour + a Generous Welcome Bonus
LOCATION: Avonmouth, Bristol, South West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Primarily 40 Hours per Week over three shifts, 06:00 to 14:30, 14:00 to 22:30 and 22:00 to 06:30 with a 30 minute break, but flexible within the requirements of the role due to potential breakdowns. Potential Saturday and Sunday overtime for essential work
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Maintenance Fitter who has extensive experience within a heavy industry maintenance environment (aggregates, concrete, mining or waste) with the ability to fault find and repair mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic issues.
As the Maintenance Fitter you will be responsible for the daily preventative maintenance and repair of heavy plant equipment to ensure efficient, continuous operation of the site.
In this hands-on role, the Maintenance Fitter will work closely with the Shift Supervisor, production teams and contractors, ensuring the day-to-day maintenance and repairs are completed effectively and safely, alongside continual improvements to the production plant.
By developing a detailed understanding of the facility, you will review and continuously improve maintenance systems, to ensure they are fit for purpose and that they comply with Health, Safety, Environment and Quality regulations.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Maintenance Fitter include:
- Responsible to personally carry out daily, weekly and monthly preventative planned maintenance (PPM) activities, in line with the manual and manufacturer’s instructions and ensure that they are recorded in the site logs
- Responsible for the housekeeping within workshop area, and tracking/replenishing consumables
- Responsible for the spares and sourcing suppliers to ensure spares are readily obtainable, with the longer lead-time critical spares held in stock, resulting in minimal plant downtime
- Hands on guidance and training, to assist the teams with both preventative and reactive maintenance requirements associated with the plant and equipment at Avonmouth
- Responsible for the continual operation of the plant, fault finding and breakdowns repairs
- Take a proactive approach to providing improvements resulting in minimising downtime and optimising production
- Flexible to cover staff shortages and call outs to deal with breakdowns
- Extensive experience within a heavy industry (aggregates, concrete, mining, or waste) maintenance environment with the ability to fault find and repair mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic issues
- Preferably CGLI, NVQ, BTEC or HND qualified
- Knowledge and experience in but not limited to: -
- Conveyor belt systems - changing bearings and rollers, fitting skirts
- Pan mixers – Replacing arms, tips and wear plates, gearbox repairs
- Hydraulics – servicing hydraulic packs, replacing ram seals, valve, and hose servicing / repair
- Pneumatics – Airline replacement, compressor servicing, valve replacement
- Ability to carry out basic welding and fabrication repairs and improvements
- Ability to fault find and repair low voltage electrical equipment
- Strong team worker with the ability to train and motivate others in the understanding of plant and machinery maintenance
- Ability to review and improve PPM systems and processes within a growing business, and (in conjunction with the Site Manager and Senior Supervisor)
- Willingness to be innovative, work under their own initiative, with strong organisational skills, being able to plan, prioritise and organise various tasks at the same time
- Must have a flexible approach to work and be contactable out of hours
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8604
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Avonmouth, Bristol, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk