Maintenance Engineer with good practical and technical experience including diagnostic and problem-solving skills in relation to manufacturing machinery is required for a well-established manufacturing company based in Shropshire.
SALARY: £21,000 – £24,000 per annum + Overtime
LOCATION: Ellesmere, Shropshire, West Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37 Hours per Week, 7:45 to 16:30 Monday to Thursday and 8:00 to 12:00 Friday
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer with good practical and technical experience including diagnostic and problem-solving skills in relation to manufacturing machinery.
Working as a Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for making sure that the machinery and equipment in the factory is reliably maintained and runs smoothly by carrying out routine inspections and maintenance on machinery and parts.
As a Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for the planning and undertaking of scheduled and emergency maintenance. You will also inspect equipment defects for immediate troubleshooting or replacement as needed.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your role as a Maintenance Engineer will include:
- Carrying out routine inspections on machinery
- Carrying out routine preventive maintenance services on machinery and parts
- Overhauling and replacing parts according to schedule
- Checking and calibrating instruments to make sure they are accurate
- Responding immediately to equipment breakdowns and diagnose breakdown problems
- Fixing faults or arranging for replacements to be installed
- Arrange specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Control maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Improve health and safety policies and procedures
- Keeping production managers informed of progress
- Good practical and technical skills
- An understanding of engineering drawings and principles
- The initiative to work on your own or as part of a team
- An awareness of health and safety legislation
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work quickly and under pressure
The role will predominantly be at the factory but could also involve assisting service engineers on customer sites.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7373
Full-Time, Permanent Engineering Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Ellesmere, Shropshire, West Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk