Maintenance and Facilities Engineer / Fitter with well-developed mechanical skills gained within a Manufacturing Facilities and Maintenance environment is required for a well-established company based in Leyland, Lancashire, North West England.
SALARY: £36,765 per annum + £9,600 per annum Shift Pay + Excellent Benefits (25 Days Holiday, plus 8 Statutory Bank Holidays, Pension Scheme, Private Outpatients Scheme and a great team environment for you to grow your career and showcase your talents)
LOCATION: Leyland, Lancashire, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Working as part of a 3 shift system – must be flexible to work alternative shifts and weekends as and when required
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Maintenance and Facilities Engineer / Fitter with well-developed mechanical skills gained within a manufacturing Facilities and Maintenance environment.
Working as the Maintenance and Facilities Engineer / Fitter you will work in the Facilities and Maintenance Department which is responsible for maintaining all plant and equipment on site as well as building services.
As the Maintenance and Facilities Engineer / Fitter you will have a good understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements specific to plant maintenance with experience in maintaining conveyor systems, cranes and hydraulic control systems.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility in a Company that is offering a career with growth potential.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
As the Maintenance and Facilities Engineer / Fitter your duties will include:
- Work as part of a 3 shift system team and be flexible to work alternative shifts and weekends as and when required by the business
- Work within the maintenance team supporting the production and facilities functions site wide
- Carry out on own or as part of a team scheduled and none scheduled maintenance on assets, plant and facilities equipment site wide
- Ensure all necessary loss and compliant schedules are completed on time and to the required standard
- Identify and implement improvements to plant and equipment
- Where necessary work with other departments/functions on project work
- A recognised mechanical based trade, with multi-skill ability
- Completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship
- Well-developed mechanical skills gained within a manufacturing Facilities and Maintenance environment
- Qualified to a minimum of ONC/HNC level or equivalent within mechanical engineering
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements specific to plant maintenance
- Knowledge and experience of pneumatic systems including installation of pipe work preferred
- Experienced in maintaining conveyor systems, cranes and hydraulic control systems
- Experience in maintenance of pneumatic, battery and DC tooling preferred
- Good knowledge of Facilities and Maintenance processes and production critical equipment
- Can demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment or on own ability
- Good level of computer literacy and ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6993
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Leyland, Lancashire, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk