Maintenance Engineer / Fitter who has a good understanding of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics and general fitting duties with the ability to read and create technical plans and drawings is required for a well-established Company based in Tilbury, Essex.
LOCATION: Tilbury, Essex
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 48 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday (2 nights on call agreed between the team)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer / Fitter who has a good understanding of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics and general fitting duties with the ability to read and create technical plans and drawings
Working as the Maintenance Engineer / Fitter you will maintain, troubleshoot and repair plant machinery, ensuring the plant equipment and machines are running to optimum level.
As the Maintenance Engineer / Fitter, you will have previous experience in electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics machines and equipment with the ability to work within a team and on your own initiative.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Maintenance Engineer / Fitter:
- Maintain machines and equipment for the day-to-day running of the facility
- Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
- Fault find and problem solve pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and plc equipment
- Read and create technical plans and drawings to assist with reactive and preventative maintenance
- Understand Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, permits to work and other related Health & Safety documentation associated to the department
- General day to day P.P.M work, which will include lubrication schedules, inspection, changing of wear parts and adjustments etc.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience of working with plant and machinery preferably in a heavy manufacturing industry
- Mechanical engineering qualification and knowledge of plant and machinery in a manufacturing industry would be an advantage
- A good understanding of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics and general fitting duties
- Experience of Welding / Fabrication
- Demonstrating excellent fault finding and problem-solving skills concerning pneumatic and hydraulic equipment. Knowledge of electrical and plc equipment would be an advantage
- Flexibility, confidence and use of initiative are essential, as the role requires quick thinking and the ability to change plans at short notice, enabling the department to offer an efficient and effective service
- Ability to work within a small team
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to influence and gain commitment at all levels
- Be flexible with shift patterns as work demands require
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5130
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Tilbury, Essex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk