Maintenance Engineer / Fitter who has a mechanical engineering background with a good understanding of electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics and general fitting duties is required for a well-established Company based in Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire.
SALARY: £31,475 per annum + Shift Allowance
LOCATION: Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 48 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday with the potential of moving to Rotating Shifts
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer / Fitter who has a mechanical engineering background with a good understanding of electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics and general fitting duties.
Working as the Maintenance Engineer / Fitter you will maintain, troubleshoot and repair plant machinery, ensuring the plant equipment and machines are running to optimum level.
As the Maintenance Engineer / Fitter, you will ideally have experience and knowledge of plant and machinery in a manufacturing industry, which would be desirable.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Maintenance Engineer / Fitter:
- Maintaining equipment for the day to day running of the facility to ensure production needs are met
- Demonstrating excellent fault finding and problem-solving skills concerning pneumatic and hydraulic equipment
- Using own initiative and making engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
- Knowledge and experience of Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, permits to work and other related Health & Safety documentation associated to the department
- General day to day P.P.M. work which will include lubrication schedules, inspection, changing of wear parts and adjustments etc.
- Experience in a similar role
- Mechanical engineering qualification and knowledge of plant and machinery in a manufacturing industry would be an advantage
- A good understanding of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics and general fitting duties
- Basic understanding of three phase electricals and of control systems would be an advantage
- Flexibility, confidence and use of initiative are essential, as the role requires quick thinking and the ability to change plans at short notice, enabling the department to offer an efficient and effective service
- Ability to work within a small team
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to influence and gain commitment at all levels
- Be flexible with shift patterns as work demands require
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7323
Full-Time, Permanent Engineering Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk