Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer who has an electrical engineering or electronics qualification with a manufacturing industry background and excellent troubleshooting skills is required for a well-established International Company based in Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester.
SALARY: £36,000 - £42,000 per annum (depending on experience and shifts) + Benefits
LOCATION: Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer who has an electrical engineering or electronics qualification with a manufacturing industry background and excellent troubleshooting skills.
The company is committed to attracting, retaining and deploying the very best people. If you are looking to work for an international company with fantastic career opportunities, then they can provide you with a unique and exciting challenge.
We are looking for electrically biased time served/qualified multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer from a manufacturing background.
As the Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for electrical and mechanical maintenance working on a range of production and process equipment.
Your responsibilities as the Maintenance Engineer will also involve supporting production through problem solving and implementation of improvements.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained to maximise productivity and quality in a safe environment
- Report directly to the Engineering Front Line Manager and act on your own initiative referring to Project Engineers for technical or departmental policy advice only when necessary
- Liaise with staff from other departments as required to carry out duties and liaise with the Process Leader, when necessary concerning potential loss of production, quality problems or health and safety issues
- Carry and document out routine health and safety checks
- Be familiar with the high risks associated with an ATEX environment
- Provide technical assistance to production personnel to help with production problems
- Maintain stocks of engineering maintenance parts
- Prepare purchase requisitions to maintain levels of stock parts or parts for particular jobs
- Maintain production plant and equipment
- Diagnose any mechanical or electrical failure through root cause analysis
- Undertake repairs as necessary
- Change worn parts that are reducing the performance of the equipment
- Diagnose when preventative maintenance may be required and to carry out and document the necessary work
- Liaise with suppliers when required to repair and / or maintain equipment
- Maintain the site and buildings in good order
- Carry out small to medium works
- Liaise with the manufacturing management on larger maintenance jobs or projects, and to supervise any subcontractors that may be used to carry out the work
- Assist the Project Engineers in the manufacture of project equipment when required
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or Electronics or equivalent qualifications
- Craft apprenticeship or equivalent
- Sound understanding of engineering demonstrated through previous work experience
- Experience of computerised maintenance management systems
- Knowledge of Asset Care programmes beneficial
- Experience with pneumatics & hydraulics
- Control techniques and Allen Bradley would be advantageous
- Good understanding of the engineering processes required. Problem solving can involve technical analysis, adjusting the machinery as required. Judgement is based on practice and precedence rather than in-depth analysis of information
- This is a shift-based role currently working 12-hour shifts
- Motivated and enthusiastic in driving continuous improvements
- Team player with good communication skills as well as having the ability to work alone
- A multi-skilled engineering role which knowledge of both mechanical and electrical engineering
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5802
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk