Mail Room Clerk / Post Sorter / Mailroom Operative / Building Porter that has excellent administration, organisational, time-management and customer service skills required for a Global Company based in London (London Bridge / Southwark, Zone 1)
SALARY: £22,274 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: London (London Bridge / Southwark, Zone 1)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have an excellent new job opportunity for a Mail Room Clerk / Post Sorter / Mailroom Operative / Building Porter that has excellent administration, organisational, time-management and customer service skills.
Working as the Mail Room Clerk / Post Sorter / Mailroom Operative / Building Porter you will perform a variety of tasks such as receiving, sorting and distributing incoming and outgoing mail, using franking machines, booking couriers and tracking deliveries.
As the Mail Room Clerk / Post Sorter / Mailroom Operative / Building Porter you will also provide a first customer service, dealing with postal enquires in a polite and professional manner.
Your duties as the Mail Room Clerk / Post Sorter / Mailroom Operative / Building Porter will also involve setting up meeting rooms and archiving files.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- The post holder will be professional at all times when dealing with clients and proactively represent the Company on site promoting excellent customer service
- Processing same day and overnight courier items
- Booking and receipt of courier items (iTrak)
- Receiving, sorting and distributing incoming and outgoing mail, parcels and packages
- Filing and retrieving documents within an established filing system
- Processing of archive files and internal mail, and tracking signature movements using the on-site computer systems
- Management of on-site stationery stock and distribution
- Assisting with setting up of meeting rooms, including IT/desk moves up to 10 people, which include building and dismantling office desks (training provided), including the moving of IT equipment as part of the desk move process
- Redistribution of furniture and other large bulky items around the building
- Dealing with enquiries from the client, both face to face and via telephone
The ideal candidate will display knowledge and experience of the following:
- Mailroom operational activities
- Knowledge of UK and International mailing arrangements
- Customer service and complaint handling
- Ability to prioritise and manage peak service demands
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of written and verbal formats with a wide range of people
- Working shifts on a flexible pattern
- Working accurately, under pressure, to tight deadlines
- Basic IT skills – word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email and web
PLEASE NOTE: Successful candidates will be expected to undertake manual handling duties within their physical capabilities. It is therefore, essential that if you have a disability which will limit your ability to undertake this type of work, you alert the Company at the interview.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4451
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London. Recruitment and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk