Machine Operator / Shift Maintenance Operative is required to monitor, top up and add liquids, fluids, lubricants and coolants to a range of commercial, heavy duty machinery for a Company based in Wolverhampton, West Midlands.
SALARY: Circa. £18,000 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Wolverhampton, West Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Machine Operator / Shift Maintenance Operative with ideally a background in relevant areas such as engineering, chemical, liquids, manufacturing or mechanics.
Working as the Machine Operator / Shift Maintenance Operative you will work with the Company’s on-site team and with their customer, being based on their site in Wolverhampton.
As the Machine Operator / Shift Maintenance Operative you will deliver a customer focused service and effectively manage the day-to-day use of the Company’s fluids, liquids, lubricants and coolants into the customer’s commercial machinery.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Machine Operator / Shift Maintenance Operative:
- Flexibility to work varying hours of work dependant on the needs of the job
- Ability to carry out manual work
- Ensure the coolant and lubrication parameters are measured, tested and recorded in line with the scope of work as well as HSE standards, in order to optimise the running of the customer’s machines
- Topping up coolants, making additions where required
- Record results from the testing of metal working fluids and lubricants, sending for analysis where necessary
- Implement, adhere to and monitor both the Company and the Customer’s safe working procedures
- Clean out machine sumps when required
- Build good working relationships with customer employees, positively promoting the service provided
- Support the site manager in helping to recognise ways of continuously improving the service provided to the customer
- Carry out site duties as per the work schedule
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Desired skills and experience:
- Previous experience of fluid management would be highly desirable
- Background in relevant areas such as engineering, chemicals, liquids, manufacturing, mechanics or maintenance preferably with experience working with commercial machines
- Able to maintain a controlled, confident, calm and effective manner at all times
- Ability to make sound decisions based on analysis and evaluation when resolving a crisis
- Able to work extremely well with others and always ready to listen, learn, assist and help
- Fork Lift Truck (FLT) Licence is preferred but not essential
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4938
Full-Time, Permanent Engineering Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Wolverhampton, West Midlands. Recruitment and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk