Machine Operator / Finishing Production Operative with an NVQ Level 2/3 and/or equivalent experience and excellent manual dexterity with knowledge and/or experience of manufacturing is required for a well-established International Company based in Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England.
SALARY: £25,000 – £27,000 pro rata (depending on shift patterns) – Employment will commence on a training rate of circa £22,000 per annum
LOCATION: Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England
TYPE: Full-Time, 6 Months Fixed Term Contract
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Machine Operator / Finishing Production Operative with an NVQ Level 2/3 and/or equivalent experience and excellent manual dexterity with knowledge and/or experience of manufacturing.
Working as the Machine Operator / Finishing Production Operative you will work within the Finishing/Pre-Print Departments as a flexible team player, working across a wide range of production processes and activities.
As the Machine Operator / Finishing Production Operative you will operate various machines, carry out the manual packing of sheeted and reeled paper and produce materials to a high specification free from defects, ensuring that the quality requirements for the tasks undertaken are met.
The successful candidate will have the chance to work for a company that is committed to attracting, retaining and deploying the very best people, offering fantastic career opportunities.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Machine Operator / Finishing Production Operative will include:
- Operating various machines, conversion/ancillary equipment and processes in a safe and proper manner and meeting the required production targets
- Ensure all processes are fully and accurately recorded, entering appropriate data into the Information Systems where required
- Ensure all defects are removed or flagged and recorded
- Maintain performance levels at all times; packing materials to required standard procedures
- Provide accurate stock recording and accurately completing of documentation where required
- Ensure waste levels are minimised
- Meet production, quality, delivery, continuous improvement and safety targets in line with the company’s KPI’s
- Work to 5S principals ensuring machines and work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Support the training and development of new/existing employees as required
- Ensure all Health, Safety and Environmental procedures are followed at all times and that employees are encouraged to take responsibility for the health and safety of themselves and others
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent experience
- Manufacturing knowledge / experience
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Excellent numerical and literacy skills are essential
- Attention to detail is paramount; a good team player with a with a flexible honest approach and willingness to learn
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills
- Common sense approach in solving basic problems
- Knowledge of converting processes or equivalent manufacturing experience
- Understanding of quality system requirements
HOW TO APPLY
Once you’ve applied for this role through this site you will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C5869
Full-Time, Contract, Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk