Logistics Coordinator / Shipping and Despatch Export Scheduler with excellent attention to detail and strong organisation skills is required by a well-established children’s publishing company based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes north of London with a direct train link to Euston).
SALARY: Negotiable + Benefits
LOCATION: Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes from London Euston)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Logistics Coordinator / Shipping and Despatch Export Scheduler that has excellent attention to detail and strong organisation skills.
Reporting to the Production Director, as the Logistics Coordinator / Shipping and Despatch Export Scheduler you will be an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with the ability to provide effective and efficient support to the Production team ensuring that all customer orders are received on time and in full.
Working as the Logistics Coordinator / Shipping and Despatch Export Scheduler you will liaise closely with suppliers to ensure orders are shipped on time, liaise with freight forwarders, ship products in the most cost effective way, create invoices and liaise with the Inventory team.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Working at the Company is an opportunity to be part of an exciting story. They have grown year on year with an expanding market and staff team. The Company prides itself on its family culture and they believe they are unique in the world of publishing with their speed to market approach.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Logistics Coordinator / Shipping and Despatch Export Scheduler:
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure orders are shipped on time
- Effective liaison with freight forwarders to ensure that consolidations are maximised into container loads
- Ensure that products are shipped in the most cost effective way
- Ensure that packing lists are correct and contain all necessary information, following up where necessary
- Provide and create commercial invoices where applicable ensuring documents are provided in a clear and timely manner
- Coordinate with the Sales team on customer deliveries and stock in transit
- Ensure all product is shipped to each customer as per their requirements and with their time schedules
- Liaise with and update the Inventory team
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Skills and Experience required:
- Can work independently as well as part of a team
- Highly organised with a systematic approach to work
- Able to meet agreed deadlines and targets
- Effective written communication skills
- Patient and tenacious attitude
- Able to organise own workload and prioritise accordingly
- Experience in shipping and dealing with freight forwarders would be desirable
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, experience on SAGE an advantage but not a requirement as training will be provided
- Experience working with International markets, particularly China would be advantageous
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4643
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk