Logistics Co-Ordinator that has excellent administration, organisational and time-management skills is required by a leading Manufacturing Company based in Birkenhead, Wirral, North West England.
SALARY: up to £18,500 per annum (depending on experience) + Annual Bonus Scheme + Free On-Site Parking + Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to provide a high level of service to all customer interactions. You will also need to be highly organised with excellent administration and time-management skills as its imperative that orders are sent out on time. Any previous experience working within a similar logistics and dispatch / distribution / shipping role would be highly desirable.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Logistics Co-Ordinator that has excellent administration, organisational and time-management skills.
Working as the Logistics Co-Ordinator you will be the first point of contact for online orders and product enquiries.
As the Logistics Co-Ordinator you will manage the complete logistical needs of the business from start to finish, from taking the initial order to sending it out via couriers. This will involve monitoring order progress and liaising closely with internal departments and third party courier companies to ensure deliveries are scheduled and dispatched within agreed timescales.
As the Logistics Co-Ordinator you will serve as a link between the Production Department and the Customer Service Department providing real-time information on order progress.
The role is responsible for delivering an excellent and timely service primarily to the Customer Service Department. This will be achieved by liaising internally with all other Operational Departments ensuring you have first-hand information on all orders from scheduling to despatch.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Logistics Co-Ordinator:
- Weekly creation of a production order schedule which meets the agreed delivery date and prioritise urgent orders
- Print and distribute job cards (printed by customer service) to the Production Team according to order type and urgency
- Attend daily morning meeting with production to have an update on orders progress, communicate any changes to existing and issued order job cards in real time and communicate any operational information back to customer services.
- Daily monitoring of order progress to ensure all orders are timely dispatched highlighting any late orders and providing the relevant feedback to Customer Service
- Chase orders and make sure they are completed before Courier collection and eliminate packing and despatch
- Daily order of fitting kits preparation which involves printing and minor item assembly
- Carry out the packing preparation and complete order packing
- Despatch of all orders using courier websites and company’s e-commerce website which triggers an e-mail notification to customers including a consignment number
- Liaise with courier companies for any consignment issues (missing/delayed deliveries)
- Scanning & filing of despatched orders
- Implementing operation procedures (SOP) in order to improve efficiency and access to order information.
- Occasional cover for other related customer service tasks which training will be provided on order and customer telephone and e-mail enquiries
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Managing multiple priorities and coping when under pressure
- Accurate and effective use of a company ERP or database System
- Excellent team work and co-operation skills
- The ability to effectively manage all the above responsibilities with minimal supervision
- The ability to work as part of a team and under pressure in busy times
- Good literacy, numeracy and verbal communication skills and IT literate
- A positive individual with a ‘can do’, results driven approach and attitude
- Keen to develop and learn new skills
- An effective and confident communicator who listens and is able to express themselves clearly
- Friendly, responsive and professional communication with all colleagues and customers
- Committed, reliable, responsible, and honest with high integrity
- Welcomes change, is flexible and can adapt and deal with various demands
- Meeting the training and development requirements of the job role
- Flexibility to support other areas of the business as and when needed
- Customer Service experience (desirable)
- Previous experience within a production scheduling, logistics environment, as well as administration skills (highly desirable)
- Interested in establishing a career in Logistics in on-line B2C environment (desirable)
- Strong GCSE results with ‘C’ or above in Math and English (or equivalent)
- Computing qualification (desirable)
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4719
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Birkenhead, Wirral, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk