Loading Bay Manager / Goods-In / Goods-Out Operative Supervisor that has excellent management, team leadership, organisational and communication skills is required for a Global Company based in Southwark, London.
SALARY: £28,000 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Southwark, South East London
HOURS: 40 hours per week (Loading Bay operational hours are between 07:30 – 18:00 Monday to Friday)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Loading Bay Manager / Goods-In / Goods-Out Operative Supervisor that has excellent management, team leadership, organisational and communication skills.
Working as the Loading Bay Manager / Goods-In / Goods-Out Operative Supervisor your responsibility is to manage operations within two Loading Bays, a Courier Office and a team of 5 Loading Bay Operatives.
As the Loading Bay Manager / Goods-In / Goods-Out Operative Supervisor you will ensure the smooth running and adequate control and use of the space, supplier storage and use of the Goods Lift. The role will work in close coordination with the Security Team on-site who are responsible for vehicle and pedestrian access into the Loading Bay.
As a successful candidate, you will have a great opportunity to join a well-established Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Your duties and responsibilities as the Loading Bay Manager / Goods-In / Goods-Out Operative Supervisor will include:
- Manage and take accountability for the day to day operations of two Loading Bays
- Management of goods in and out and efficient distribution within the buildings in line with operational standards
- Develop and implement systems for the safe and efficient operation of the Loading Bays
- Liaise and coordinate day to day activities with the Security Team to ensure all deliveries are controlled and managed
- Liaise with all users of the Loading Bays to ensure operations are in line with set standards as well as the onsite Building Services team to establish status of items stored within the Loading Bay area
- Control of tenant contractors and suppliers who have access to the Loading Bays to ensure safe working in line with health and safety requirements
- Organising team shift rotas, taking operational needs and staff requests into account to limit staff absence and overtime costs
- Management of the Secure Cage within the Loading Bay ensuring all items are accounted for and as per Building Services requirements
- Overall management of the Goods Lifts in both buildings and ensuring contingency plans in cases of breakdown are adhered to as per agreed processes
- Schedule and manage use of Goods Lift by suppliers and deliveries which have been approved by Building Services
- Ensuring all required log documentation is regularly updated
- Ensure that the agreed service levels are measured and met
- Monitoring, recording and reporting regularly against set SLAs for the services provided
- Conduct regular appraisals of staff against clearly defined objectives
- Developing flexible & multi-skilled employees within their team
- Monitoring, recording and reporting performance targets for the team and individuals
- Liaise with the Management Team to identify effective training programmes for staff which cover key aspects of the service
- Ensure compliance in line with company policies including H&S, Information Security and HR
- To respond appropriately to customer enquiries and escalate as appropriate to the Management Team
- Investigation and resolution of customer queries/complaints
- Ensure that the process flows for works completed within their team are up to date and relevant
- All agreed service levels are measured and met
- Attend regular team meetings with the Management Team
The ideal candidate will display knowledge and experience of the following:
- Proven experience in a previous Loading Bay Management role
- Experience of managing a team within a similar environment is essential
- Relevant Health and safety experience required to demonstrate safe management of a Loading Bay and or IOSH certified
- Excellent leadership skills developing a high service culture
- Professional at all times
- Be responsible for maintaining excellent standards in the quality of their own work
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of written and verbal formats with a wide range of people
- Smart appearance will be required at all times
- Be flexible and able to work different shift patterns, at short notice including working past 6pm to manage last minute urgent deliveries
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent customer relationships
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and motivation – ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Commitment to own personal professional development
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities, Diversity and Inclusion
- Intermediate IT skills – Word Processing, iTrak, uBook, Spreadsheets, Databases, Email and Web
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4031
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Work in Southwark, London. Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk