Legal Secretary with excellent secretarial, typing, administrative, organisational and time-management skills is required to provide dedicated secretarial support to the fee earners within a well-established Solicitors based in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire.
LOCATION: Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Legal Secretary with excellent secretarial, typing, administrative, organisational and time-management skills is required to provide dedicated secretarial support to the fee earners within a well-established Solicitors.
Working as the Legal Secretary you will provide a wide range of support to the Solicitors fee earners to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency, which will involve carrying out administrative tasks – filing, preparing correspondence and documents, audio-typing, preparing mail for dispatch and attending to clients on the telephone and in person.
As the Legal Secretary you will also provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Legal Secretary:
- Prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing
- Complete basic drafting of Wills and LPA’s under the guidance of the Fee Earner
- Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client’s files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual
- Prepare mail and enclosures for despatch
- Arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the Office Junior is not available to undertake the task
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for your principals
- Provide refreshments when asked to do so
- Provide support to other secretaries as required
- Provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development
- Ensure the complete confidentiality of all the firm’s and client’s documentation and information
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Trained in secretarial practice
- Previous industry experience working for a busy firm of solicitors
- High word processing and audio-typing skills
- Good secretarial, word-processing and typing skills
- Highly organised with good administrative and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4804
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk