We have a need to appoint a Legal Executive / Advisor / Paralegal to work closely with our Legal and Litigation Teams. We are looking for confident and experienced individuals who will support the division to deliver key objectives in a challenging environment.
SALARY: starting at £22,500 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Hybrid working model where most roles can be undertaken through a combination of home and office working. The office is based in Rattray, Blairgowrie, Perthshire, Scotland
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
As a Legal Executive / Advisor / Paralegal, you will work closely with our Legal and Litigation teams, conducting relevant legal research and assisting in the collection and preparation of evidence and documents. As we are a fast-growing company, we require an adaptable and flexible approach, able to work well as part of a team, and with the ability to communicate well with both colleagues and customers.
Strategically important and central to the success of the business, this unique role is varied and offers plenty of opportunity for personal development and achievement
Castle Water is one of the fastest growing and most successful companies in the utilities sector. We are a disruptive new entrant and market leader in the water market.
Our Legal Executive / Advisor / Paralegal salary starts at £22,500 per annum, and we offer a hybrid working model where most roles can be undertaken through a combination of home and office working.
We can promise you a hardworking and lively environment which will equip you with skills that could be used across many areas of the business. You can expect to be part of a collegial and supportive team, with a strong emphasis on knowledge-sharing, continuous learning, mutual respect, and personal development. We will ask a lot of you, and in return, opportunities for advancement in our company are available for those who put in the effort. We value our people and love to watch them develop and advance in their careers with us.
When we offer you a post, we will help and support you in your work, but be prepared to learn through doing the role as much as undergoing formal training. These posts are for applicants with confidence and initiative as well as the maturity required to take responsibility and make decisions and be confident of their own abilities and potential.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES - Legal Executive / Advisor / Paralegal
- Conducting relevant legal research as requested
- Researching cases and preparing legal updates for the team on upcoming changes and arising issues
- Assisting in the preparation and collection of all various documentation and evidence that might be required for possible proceedings involving the Castle Water Group
Filing and General Admin
- Maintaining the current systems in place, including the legal safe, databases and the General Counsel’s documents.
- Monitoring shared legal inboxes and managing correspondence;
- Dealing with general enquiries by phone or email;
- Scanning and photocopying of various legal documents. Keeping up to date with contracts/minutes and preparing/reviewing contact approval forms.
- Ensuring all letters and mail sent out and delivered on appropriate dates.
As a Legal Executive / Advisor / Paralegal you will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Legal work experience desirable
- Currently studying or have completed a law degree
- Administration experience in a similar environment preferred
- Competent user of MS Office packages; Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Team player with a collaborative approach
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, being flexible in approach to meet the requirements of the business
- Competent research skills
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Castle Water is one of the fastest growing and most successful companies in the utilities sector. Our customers include some of the largest companies and public sector bodies in the UK.
Castle Water aims to deliver the best customer service in the sector. Creating positive interactions in the workplace and between our employees and our customers will help ensure our company continues to draw new and retain existing customers. Not only have we just achieved our 10,000th 5* Trust Pilot review, but we are also winners of the recent Customer Service Excellence Award for the Perthshire Chamber of Commerce Business Star Awards.
Castle Water has a track record of providing excellent customer service, and of developing innovative approaches to utility supply. We have more 5* reviews on Trustpilot than all other water retailers combined. We pride ourselves on being transparent and treating customers fairly.
Our head office is based in Blairgowrie, Perthshire, within easy commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee. We are embedded in the local community and participate in many local events and activities.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7754
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Castle Water