Leasehold Officer with a good understanding of leasehold and shared ownership management is required by Worthing Homes, an established and successful Housing Association based in West Sussex.
SALARY: £29,500 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits
BENEFITS: 26 days holiday increasing to 29 days after 3 years’ service, 4% Employer pension contribution, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance (after 6 months), Employee Assistance Programme.
LOCATION: Worthing, West Sussex
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37 Hours per Week
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates MUST have knowledge of leasehold and shared ownership and understand the relevant legislation surrounding it.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will need to hold a full Driving License and have the use of own car
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Leasehold Officer with a good understanding of leasehold and shared ownership management.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and our mission, as a housing association, is to enable our customers to live in quality homes and thriving communities.
To support this, we currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed Leasehold Officer to join our team and help us to shape and deliver a high-quality customer experience to our leaseholders, shared-owners, intermediate and commercial customers.
As the Leasehold Officer it is essential you have knowledge of leasehold and shared ownership management and understand the relevant legislation surrounding it. It’s also vitally important you have excellent customer service skills, both face-to-face and over the telephone.
As a successful candidate, you will have a great opportunity to join a well-established housing association that can offer a great central location to work from within a modern office environment.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Leasehold Officer:
- Act as the in-house expert on all aspects of leasehold management including the setting and collection of service charges
- Offer advice and support to our customers, assisting them to access all of Worthing Homes leasehold and shared owner services whilst ensuring lease conditions are adhered to
- Process applications under the Preserved Right to Buy and Right to Acquire Schemes, ensuring compliance with statutory obligations to enable qualifying tenants to purchase their homes in accordance with the eligibility rules in the Housing Act 1985 and other legislation
- Lead on Section 20 consultation exercises in respect of major works, with support from the surveyor
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to enhance the quality of the service to our customers and be committed to continuous improvement
WHO ARE WE?
Helping people create sustainable futures
We believe that good quality affordable housing is the foundation required for so many other things that we all depend on but may take for granted – security, education, health, work and support networks.
It’s much more than bricks and mortar – it’s about people, communities and opportunities.
Worthing Homes has over 3,500 properties in the Sussex coastal area. We provide affordable rented homes, key worker accommodation, low cost shared ownership, sheltered housing and new homes for local people.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we strive to effectively manage, maintain and improve their homes.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Possess knowledge and understanding of: leasehold and shared ownership management; residential and commercial leases; housing legislation, including right to buy/acquire
- Possess up to date knowledge of relevant legislation
- Have the ability to challenge and demonstrate resilience
- Have the drive and determination to deliver an excellent customer experience ensuring leaseholders and shared-owners are managed in accordance with the terms of their leases, legislation and best practice
- Be able to evidence experience of housing or similar industry background
- Have experience of service charge calculation and managing disputes
- Be proficient and comfortable in preparing reports for the Senior Leadership Team to strict deadlines, using MS Office and other software packages
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
- CIH qualification (Desirable)
- Hold a full UK Driving license and have the use of own car - Essential
We are an inclusive organisation and value each individual’s unique contribution, irrespective of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4546
This vacancy is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Worthing Homes
Full-Time, Permanent Housing Association Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Worthing, West Sussex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.