Learning Support Assistant / Teaching Assistant who is highly organised with good interpersonal skills, a high level of practical skills, technical knowledge and organisation ability is required to support students with Special Educational Needs for an Academy Trust based in Waterlooville, Hampshire.
Previous experience is not necessary if you are willing to work as part of a team. Skills and full training can be provided for the right candidate.
SALARY: £18,562 FTE / Full Time Equivalent - (Actual £6,601 per annum for 15 hours) / (Actual £7,922 per annum for 18 hours)
LOCATION: Waterlooville, Hampshire
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 15-18 Hours per Week, 3 days per week (Term Time Only)
The school is open Monday to Friday 8:45am – 3:35pm
Some flexibility with hours and possibility of working more hours if available
APPLICATION PROCESS: We will be emailing over an application form to complete. Please keep an eye out for our email.
** 2 Part-Time Jobs Available **
** Full Training Provided **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant / Teaching Assistant who is highly organised with good interpersonal skills, a high level of practical skills, technical knowledge and organisation ability is required to support students with Special Educational Needs.
The school is looking to appoint two Learning Support Assistant / Teaching Assistant to join their hardworking, committed and enthusiastic team. This position is a pivotal part of the delivery and support of the curriculum to enable the high standard of teaching and learning in the School and Sixth Form College.
Working as the Learning Support Assistant / Teaching Assistant the role will require the successful candidates to liaise with the Teachers and Heads of Department as well as other members of the support staff.
Your duties as Learning Support Assistant / Teaching Assistant will include:
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the SENCO and class teachers
- Assist in the implementation of Student Plans and Passports and help monitor the progress of SEN Students against set targets
- Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom
- Assist class teachers with maintaining student records
- Support students with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills
- Plan, deliver and monitor basic skills intervention programme in accordance with guidance given by HLTA and SENCO
- Support students to become independent learners by the use of effective questioning techniques
- Supervise homework clubs and after school support sessions
- Maintain accurate records for identified students including the use of the whole school provision tracker and SIMS behaviour management module
- Photocopying and filing duties
- Undertake other administrative duties from time to time
- Maintaining accurate record of objectives and CPD
- Follow identified procedures and liaise with designated member of the department to ensure laptops/netbooks are in full working order and can be readily accessed by students
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
- Strong commitment to team-working and partnership
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
- Excellent communication skills—verbal and written
- Stamina, initiative and resilience
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Displays commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
- Smart appearance and friendly manner
- Ability to work In sympathy with the Catholic ethos of the school
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and inspire students
- Values and respects the views and the needs of children and young people
- Strong commitment to team working and partnership
We will be emailing over an application form to complete. Please keep an eye out for our email. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7676
Part-Time, Permanent Teaching / Education Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Waterlooville, Hampshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk