Learning Mentor / Student Support professional with experience working with young people within an educational setting required for a leading specialist vocational college based in London.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 40 Hours per Week (will include some Saturdays and/or evenings)
We have an excellent opportunity for a Learning Mentor / Student Support professional that has experience working with young people within an educational 1-to-1 and group work settings.
Working as the Learning Mentor / Student Support professional you will deliver and implement individualised support through a variety of methods to ensure each learner progresses and successfully achieves their programme at the College through to sustained further / higher education and / or employment
As the Learning Mentor / Student Support professional you will take responsibility for engaging learners in appropriate learning support activities and providing welfare support in referrals onto relevant groups and support agencies.
You will also be a key member of the ALS, welfare and safeguarding team, specifically with regards to directly supporting the progress for learners with identified needs, both individually and in groups. You will also form part of the Safeguarding team as a designated safeguarding person.
Successful candidates will join the Education and Training Department, which is friendly, fast paced and an enjoyable team to work within. This department is responsible for providing a high standard of teaching, learning and assessment, together with professional development to all learners from a wide variety of backgrounds. This is done through a wide range of different courses and support strategies.
In order to achieve high standards all members of the Education and Training Department are required and encouraged to develop and maintain up to date industry knowledge through further training and self-development.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- To assist one or several learners to aid their learning, support attendance, retention, progression and achievement of learners
- To support learners and staff with a variety of additional learning needs including Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, ASD, ADHD, and ESOL
- To support the work of the E&T Team to develop and deliver individual and group sessions relating to learner support and the development of learning strategies
- To assist teaching staff and learners in adapting learning materials and using learning support resources and accessible technologies, including word processing of notes where necessary and aid legibility and clarity
- To accurately maintain up to date and learning support records within the department, both computerised and manual, to support internal and external requirements and meet confidentiality/data protection regulations
- Liaise with tutors and other external support services to identify and follow-up issues relating to attendance
- Act as one of the E&D champions. Maintain the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion log, ensuring SMT and all staff informed of incidents and actions taken
- Support the delivery of staff training regarding ALS and Welfare concerns, ensure teaching staff and appropriate others are appraised of relevant issues respecting learner confidentiality at all times
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records of learners being supported and keep a log of all activity, progression and outcomes, producing termly and annual reports
- Support at times with the financial support process, keeping records up to date and assessing eligibility to receive support
- Act as a designated Safeguarding person and follow safeguarding policy and procedures
- Develop knowledge of internal and external benefits system including housing, welfare and financial support services in order to effectively implement the learner Financial Support process and procedures
- Ensuring policies and procedures for ALS, welfare and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are kept up to date and are effectively implement
Education, Achievements, Qualifications, and Training
- Good all-round level of education to include Maths and English to GCSE (Grade A-C) or L2 (or equivalent)
- Level 2 qualification in Learning Support or similar would be desirable or willingness to work towards this within a year of the post
- Experience of working with young people in both 1:1 and group work settings
- Experience of dealing with a variety of issues relating to supporting young people and people from a variety of backgrounds
- Experience of working in a supportive / coaching role
- Experience of working with looked after Children and learners Leaving Care would be desirable
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to establish positive and supportive working relationships with young people
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Effective communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to keep accurate records and notes
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Self-motivated and committed to own personal development
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at any one time
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills, ability to work under pressure and to deadlines including dealing with difficult and stressful situations
- Ability to deal professionally with a wide range of people
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5051
Full-Time, Permanent Teaching, Training / Trainer Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London within the Beauty Industry. Recruitment and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk