Apprenticeship Learning and Development Trainer / Coach / Assessor that has experience training, assessing and coaching students towards the Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship Standards, which may also include up to Team Leader / Supervisor level is required by a leading vocational college based in London.
SALARY: £25,000 - £30,000 pro rata (depending on experience)
BENEFITS: Salon Treatments, Carnaby Street Discount Card, Life Assurance (4 times salary), Social Events, Child Care Vouchers, Pension, Performance Related Bonus)
JOB TYPE: 15 Month Fixed Term, Part-Time Contract (with the potential to go Permanent)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Apprenticeship Learning and Development Trainer / Coach / Assessor that has experience training, assessing and coaching students towards the Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship Standards, which may also include up to Team Leader / Supervisor level.
Working as the Apprenticeship Learning and Development Trainer / Coach / Assessor you will coach students through the Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship standards and possibly up to Team Leader / Supervisor level, ensuring the students’ progress and complete all the programme elements in time for their gateway assessment.
Due to the roll on roll off delivery pattern offered by the College, changes can occur throughout the year in line with demand, therefore it is crucial that you are flexible and responsive to ensure the smooth running for apprentices, employers and staff.
As a successful candidate, you will join the college’s Apprenticeship Department, which is a small, friendly, fast paced and enjoyable environment. The Department is responsible for the effective delivery of apprenticeship standards and framework to meet college KPIs. Apprenticeships delivery must ensure that apprentices have a varied and engaging learning experience whilst ensuring that effective use is made of the available resources and e-portfolio to be able to monitor and check progress.
The Apprenticeship Department provides high levels of customer service to both internal and external clients. In order to achieve this, it is important for all communication to be dealt with effectively, efficiently and in a friendly yet professional manner at all times.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Apprenticeship Learning and Development Trainer / Coach / Assessor:
- Deliver Beauty Therapy up to a Level 3 NVQ equivalent in order to support and develop apprentices towards the new Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship Standards
- Visit apprentices in the workplace on a monthly basis, developing their knowledge and practical skills
- Maintain and keep up to date electronic calendar/diary using e-portfolio system
- Update visit plans and apprentices e-portfolio at the end of the day when visited or taught
- Where face to face visits cannot be carried out ensure a remote visit takes place
- Carry out 8-12 weekly reviews with apprentices and manager / mentor to obtain employer feedback
- Where required, embed, deliver and assess elements of English and Mathematics functional skills at Level 1 or 2 to meet set target dates for completion
- Carry out a range of assessment methods during each visit
- Arrange model sessions in the beauty salon with the employer and apprentice
- Conduct H&S checks at the apprentice’s workplace
- Ensure the delivery of training is in line with each client’s needs and internal company objectives, in line with Good or Outstanding teaching, learning and assessment key judgements in Ofsted’s CIF
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
As the Apprenticeship Learning and Development Trainer / Coach / Assessor you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Functional Skills in Maths and English Level 2 or equivalent
- ITEC/NVQ/CIDESCO in Beauty Therapy Level 3 or equivalent to meet Beauty Standards
- PTTLS or equivalent or willingness to work towards
- Up to date CPD on latest industry trends and duty to maintain this in line with Awarding Body Requirements
- Significant experience within the Occupational area
- Experience in delivery of Management programmes
- Managing a caseload of apprentices (minimum 20)
- Cert Ed/DTLLS or willingness to work towards achieving
- Working with ESFA/ Government funded contracts
- Current experience of Work Based Learning and new Apprenticeship Standards
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4542
Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London within an educational / college environment. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk