Learning and Development Specialist with a strong background in L&D, specifically instructional design, excellent attention to detail with written content, including copy and proofing and the ability to communicate and influence for positive outcomes, is required for a well-established company based in central Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England.
SALARY: £24,000 - £26,500 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
BENEFITS: up to 5% Annual Personal Performance Related Bonus, Annual Company Performance Related Bonus, Annual Pay Reviews and Increases, Company Pension Scheme, 23 Days Annual Leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, Continuous Training and Development, Staff discounts at a large selection of retailers/hospitality and fitness facilities, Referral programmes, Internal company recognition programme, Twice yearly staff celebration parties
LOCATION: Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Learning and Development Specialist with a strong background in L&D, specifically instructional design, excellent attention to detail with written content, including copy and proofing and the ability to communicate and influence for positive outcomes.
The company is one of the UK’s leading independent providers of ophthalmic services and largest provider of NHS cataract surgery.
As the Learning and Development Specialist you will be responsible for the research, design, and delivery of highly effective non-clinical training interventions across the business, including the design of all required learning materials/resources.
Working as the Learning and Development Specialist you will work closely with the Leadership and Talent Training Manager to ensure that time, cost, and quality is always adhered to. You will work on the definition and development of excellent content, underpinned by recognised learning design methods.
The role will also ensure that the training meets the needs of the business and that the learner is at the heart of the content.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Learning and Development Specialist will include:
- Instructionally design excellent, non-clinical learning content for all staff across the business, ensuring that the content is true to the behavioural learning objectives every time
- Use the tools available to digitally design high quality learning content in a variety of formats, such as infographics, guides, videos, and online modules
- Ensure that the most up to date, effective and engaging learning methods are incorporated into all materials.
- Ensure that all staff can access the learning solutions through a variety of media, such as, workshops, online modules, videos, virtual classroom sessions and briefing documents
- Review, evaluate and update the materials to ensure that they are always meeting the needs of the business
- Deliver innovative and engaging training interventions, both face to face and virtually
- Work closely with the Leadership and Talent Training Manager to ensure all learning is being designed in line with business demands and meets the needs of learners
- Build and maintain professional relationships with individuals and teams at all levels of the business, based on mutual trust and respect
- Manage the workload in a flexible manner with a positive attitude to change
- Co-ordinate course attendee lists, and update training materials accordingly on eyeLearn
- Ensure that personal development is actively undertaken and is in line with business needs
- Keep up to date with developments in training, such as, digital learning techniques, participating in internal meetings and doing external research
- The company is privileged to be able to support the tens of thousands of NHS patients that come to them each year
- They are proud to deliver excellent care and support thousands of patients to achieve better vision – their outcomes are some of the best in the UK
- In 2018 they became the largest provider of NHS cataract surgery – 24,000+ surgeries per annum.
- The company want their staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in
- They’re proud to have been awarded gold status from Investors in People (IIP), putting the company in the top 3% for world-class performance achieved through its staff focus
- They have 27 hospitals and will be opening new hospitals over the next 12 months
- A strong background in L&D, specifically instructional design
- The ability to research, design, deliver and evaluate quality non-clinical training across the business
- A great working knowledge of the latest instructional learning theories and methodologies
- Attention to detail with written content, including copy and proofing
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Ability to communicate and influence for positive outcomes
- Creative and adaptable approach to design and delivery, with a learner led approach
- Ability to manage a busy work schedule whilst maintaining a quality learning offer and delivering on time and on budget
- Structured and organised project management skills
- Emotionally aware, with the ability to challenge and be challenged with feedback
- Ability to evolve and develop in line with the latest learning theories and technology
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6529
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk