Learning and Development Manager who has previous experience of actual design and delivery of training / coaching in a similar in-house training or HR department is required to join our team at Chambers and Partners based in Holborn, London.
LOCATION: Holborn, London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Learning and Development Manager who has previous experience of actual design and delivery of training / coaching in a similar in-house training or HR department,
The purpose of the Learning and Development Manager role is work closely with departments within the business to build an understanding of their strategies and develop the capabilities required for the business to achieve its goals.
Working as the Learning and Development Manager your role involves identifying, developing, delivering, suitable learning solutions which will drive organisational performance whilst building strong relationships with a range of stakeholders, collaborating, and challenging to ensure the best learning solutions are delivered.
Chambers and Partners is an independent research company operating across 200 jurisdictions delivering detailed rankings and insight into the world's leading lawyers.
Chambers empowers organisations to make informed decisions when selecting legal services, saving time and resources and reducing risk.
We continue to invest and innovate to deliver data-led platforms, enabling law firms to provide the right services and in-house counsel to partner with the right firms.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Learning and Development Manager include the following:
- Partner with subject matter experts, department heads and other stakeholders, using a performance consulting approach, to identify learning requirements
- Evaluate solutions and assess them for business suitability considering commercial requirements
- Work with the Global People Director to design and deliver team leadership and management development solutions
- Manage the company’s performance management cycle and associated training
- Build an understanding of the business: stakeholders, strategies, goals, challenges, and capability gaps Introduce, develop, communicate, and maintain solutions
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of any training initiatives and measuring outcomes. Ensuring that appropriate methods of evaluation are utilised
- Design and maintain relevant training materials and training communications
- Assist in the formulation of the annual training budget and manage the associated costs
- Maintain a high level of engagement with training
- Identify a preferred supplier list and negotiate costs accordingly
- Specific learning and development projects and initiatives as required
- Apply best in class instructional design methods to writing material/programs, including classroom, induction, and one-to-one training for employees throughout the business
- Writing material for the learning management system and deliver content via appropriate methods i.e. podcasts, videos and automated packages to build a blended learning environment
- Carry out training for all levels of management within the company
- Manage the Learning and Development Advisor to meet the company’s specific training needs and identify methods to provide effective support for all staff and new starters
- Identify opportunities to implement blended learning solutions to maximise the impact and transferability of learning back to the desk
- Support the companies change programs with appropriate L&D interventions.
- Incorporate the company’s values in all training delivered
Essential experience and qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role
- Proven experience of the actual design and delivery of training in a similar in-house training or HR department
- Experience working across multiple departments
- Initiative and sound judgement
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the full learning cycle
- Credibility and gravitas to support key stakeholders
- Use of authoring tools e.g. Camtasia
- Experience of online and offline instructional design
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are committed to fostering and promoting an inclusive professional environment for all of our employees, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are integral values of Chambers and Partners and are key in our culture. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals regardless of age, disability, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. This commitment applies across all of our employment policies and practices, from recruiting and hiring to training and career development. We support our employees through our internal INSPIRE committee with Executive Sponsors, Chairs and Ambassadors throughout the business promoting knowledge and effecting change.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6376
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Chambers and Partners