Lead Interior Designer with a passion for design and a great eye for detail along with good creative skills and design flair is required for an innovative architectural and interior design practice based in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands .
SALARY: Competitive + Excellent Benefits (see below)
LOCATION: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, East Midland
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Lead Interior Designer with a passion for design and a great eye for detail along with good creative skills and design flair.
Working as the Lead Interior Designer you will be an ambitious, talented individual with the ability to design and deliver inspiring interior schemes focused primarily on the hospitality and leisure sector.
As the Lead Interior Designer you will have the opportunity to join a Practice that was established over 30 years ago, with a culture and ambition to provide the best possible design advice. The company employ almost 50 staff members and have delivered award-winning buildings across all major development sectors. They’re a leading East Midland Practice with two offices in the area.
The company aims to create buildings that make a positive contribution to their area, bringing their clients’ visions to life and developing new relationships with people who share their values, so that they can improve the work that they do and the projects they deliver.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Lead Interior Designer include:
- Lead the Interior Design team, with responsibility for resource allocation and design outputs.
- Communicate with the client and design team
- Capture and communicate a clear brief for each project
- Produce and illustrate creative design concepts
- Generate and progress strong concepts through to implementation
- Able to assess creative ideas, communicate direction clearly to others
- Able to manage interior design projects, deliverables and timescales
- Work within project timescales and route maps, and managing time efficiently
- Able to draw on experience of previous projects
- Able to effectively communicate with and direct the design team
- Good understanding of materials and detailing for appearance and performance
- Familiarity with the supply chain and the procurement of FF&E
- Familiarity with the regulations and compliance with recognized standards (Fire safety, lighting, slip-resistance, design life, etc.)
- Able to effectively communicate with and report to the Practice Management Team
- Good understanding of business objectives for efficiency, timescales, scope of work
- A UK-accredited interior design qualification at degree level (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in a lead position with passion for design and a great eye for detail
- Experienced in team management and project management with the ability to lead complex projects
- Experienced in a range of interior design projects and specifically in hospitality, hotel and bar design
- Great creative skills with design flair
- The ability to generate and progress strong concepts through to implementation
- A dynamic individual who can motivate others and create a collaborative work environment
- An agile approach and a positive attitude to challenges and opportunities
- Confident in leading clients on the creative journey
- Run projects and leading the Interior Design department in process-driven, digital and fully modelled environment
- A thorough understanding of Revit
- Understanding of BIM and its place in delivering exemplar design
- Understanding of delivery of 3D presentations and software packages
- Good understanding of the commercial aspects of the business
- Nurturing and developing client relationships
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7789
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk