Kitchen Porter / General Catering Assistant who is organised and a proactive team player with a can-do attitude is required for a well-established thriving day and boarding school based in Harpenden, Hertfordshire.
SALARY: £9.50 per Hour (Actual Salary: £12,647 per annum based on 36 weeks per annum)
LOCATION: Harpenden, Hertfordshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 32 hours per Week: Monday and Friday 11:30am to 5:00pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 12:00pm to 7:00pm, Term time only: 36 weeks per annum
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Kitchen Porter / General Catering Assistant who is organised and a proactive, team player with a can-do attitude.
Working as a Kitchen Porter / General Catering Assistant you will be working as part of a team in a busy school kitchen assisting in the day-to-day running and cleanliness of the kitchen and dining room areas.
As a Kitchen Porter / General Catering Assistant you will carry out general cleaning and maintenance duties. You will need to be physically fit as some heavy lifting will be required as well as demanding physical duties such as sweeping, mopping and using a floor machine for cleaning kitchen and dining room floors.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Kitchen Porter / General Catering Assistant will include:
- Washing pots manually and using a dishwasher for crockery and cutlery
- Sweeping, mopping and using a floor machine for cleaning kitchen and dining room floors
- Cleaning and maintaining the kitchen production areas such as ovens, bratt pan, counter tops, walls, sink etc. complying with daily cleaning schedules
- Emptying bins when they are full
- Keeping the stock room, fridge and freezer clean and tidy
- Taking dirty cloths to the laundry area
- Storing all crockery, cutlery and kitchenware in the correct places
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy weights
- A team player with a “can do” attitude
- Pro-active with the ability to follow instructions fully
- A high standard of personal hygiene and appearance
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7537
Full-Time, Permanent Hospitality Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Harpenden, Hertfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk