Kitchen Assistant with good communication skills who is a team player is required to support the Cooks with food preparation and general kitchen cleanliness duties within a Residential Care Home based in Burnham, Slough, Buckinghamshire.
SALARY: £9.46 per hour (Weekday Rate) / £10.95 per hour (Weekend Rate)
LOCATION: Burnham, Slough, Buckinghamshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
HOURS: 36 hours per week Full-Time – shift work including weekends
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Kitchen Assistant Cook with good communication skills who is a team player.
As the Kitchen Assistant you will support the Cooks in their daily kitchen routine duties in a purpose-built care home for 30 residents.
Working as the Kitchen Assistant you will be aware of the residents’ dietary requirements and provide a catering service which meets their nutritional and hydration needs as directed by the Head Cook.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- Collect trays from dining room, wash and put everything away tidy
- Make sure water jugs are given to residents and that there are water jugs and glasses in communal area
- Make sure tea trolley is clean and prepared
- Check the small fridge in the dining room is clean, check the fruit juices are in date and safe to use
- Prepare fresh water and the lemon / orange squash jugs ready for lunch
- Cleaning down the front of the fridge and freezer giving the handles a good clean
- Put items away correctly, clean the tea trolley when it comes back, re-filling coffee and sugar if needed
- Empty all bins. Make sure there is no rubbish or food sat at the bottom of the bin before you put a clean black sack in
- Wash kitchen floor and store cupboard with the floor machine going round the edges and corners
- Make sure all cleaning chemicals are locked away in correct cupboard and then sign paperwork before you leave, in line with COSHH guidelines
- Ensure all cups & teapots are stained free and they are checked EVERYDAY. Use stain remover powder, following the guidelines
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal requirements for the Kitchen Assistant are:
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people
- To keep legible records in accordance with current legislation
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times
- A relevant qualification at least to level 2
- Experience in a similar role
- Working in services for older people
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5999
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Burnham, Slough, Buckinghamshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk